Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Jim Eddie

Perch Day at Pitfour
« on: April 29, 2007, 21:22:19 PM »
Thanks to all at Pitfour for an enjoyable day from myself and Paul (GRHE) .
Although the Pech were noticable by there absence we had a grand day all the same.
Made all the more enjoyable by Paul landing one of the best braces of Wild Brownies I have seen , 3lb and 2-1/2lb if they were on ounce and both in fine fettle.

Paul fished on and had another 2lb plus Brownie. what a cracking day.

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Perch Day at Pitfour
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 22:11:31 PM »
Hi Jim,
glad you  and paul had a good day today, was a shame about the lack of perch but as you say there was some good brownies caught, i have left the book at work(to tired after monster drive picking up the carp yesterday) but i think there was 20+ from 1+1/2lb to 4lb.
There was a grand total of 2 perch  :z15  :z15 caught one at 2lbish and a small one about 4oz.

i will post a full report tomorrow when i am more awake :lol:

andrew

Rob

Perch Day at Pitfour
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 13:48:13 PM »
Andrew,
shame that more Perch were not caught, but I guess the conditions were bright? Worst conditions for Perch!! Seems that both Perch days have been doomed by the weather...better luck next time.

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum