Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

spiros

Small water to fish?
« on: 25/04/2007 at 20:34 »
A guy at work told me about a small piece of water by a garage on the back road between brig of don and dyce which he said has pike and perch in it.Just wondered who owns this bit of water and if its possible to fish as he seems to think its ok to fish but i have my doubts and wouldn't want to fall foul of anyone.

Paul

jock

Small water to fish?
« Reply #1 on: 25/04/2007 at 21:18 »
hi mate,i think the garage owns it,tried a few times to get on it but was refused but dont know the situation now,would be keen to know how you get on
all the best
jock

sharpie

Small water to fish?
« Reply #2 on: 25/04/2007 at 21:52 »
think thats the one beside the quarry? if so i heard its a syndicate that has it if not try the tackle shop in the bridge of don as i'm sure he knows all about it

Malcolm Copland

Small water to fish?
« Reply #3 on: 26/04/2007 at 08:49 »
It's called Bishops Loch. I used to fish it when I was a boy. In those days it belonged to the farm on the roadside and permission was freely given. The bottom end of the loch was called Ladys Loch and was supposed to be haunted. My friends and I fished it regularly during the summer school break and we often caught very large bags of perch. The occasional pike was also caught. I last fished it about fifteen years ago and didn't catch anything. I have heard that it no longer holds any fish but can't confirm.

Rob Brownfield

Small water to fish?
« Reply #4 on: 26/04/2007 at 09:20 »
Deffo Bishops Loch :)

Long standing dispute over who owns it. Scottish Water say its theres, the quarry say its theres and the bloke that owns the steadings at the side of the road insists its his.

I used to fish it with maggots and take some nice Perch. Then one day the twat who bought the steadings came along and started to shout and ball at me. I had fished there quietly for about 4 years and he started telling me he would call the police etc if I did not go.  :shock:  He then informed me he had bought the loch!!!

Cut a very long story short, I went into Balgownie spots and spoke to the guy there. He leases Corby loch on the same pice of ground. He informed me that he infact could give me permission to fish from the other bank...which I did...much to the annoyance of the bloke with the steadings!..lol...who used to come down and shout at me over the fence!..lol.

Anyway, last I heard the bungalow next to the loch is now claiming its theres...so I steer well clear of it!!

Malcolm Copland

Small water to fish?
« Reply #5 on: 26/04/2007 at 09:43 »
If you mean the cottage at the bottom (north end) of the loch, then they did own that part of it when I was a boy. My father knew the people who owned it and they also freely gave permission as long as you didn't go into their garden. I can't remember seeing many adults ever fish there, it was always kids.

Rob Brownfield

Small water to fish?
« Reply #6 on: 26/04/2007 at 10:40 »
Thats the one. I think they gave the guy at Balgownie permission to shoot there. Its all to confusing for me and the quarry seems to have been discharging "wash water" into the loch as it was the colour of milky tea :(

My memories of it are a bit jaded now so I no longer look to fish it :(

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com