Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Under Development ...................... New
« Reply #45 on: 30/11/2012 at 13:21 »
Hi Lasse
Congratulations on the new supercaster :z16

Late night casting sessions noted :z4

Ben Dixon

Re: Under Development ......................
« Reply #46 on: 30/11/2012 at 15:27 »
Cool!! I can't see you getting away with that Lasse!

Late night casting sessions are no problem, remember Dunkeld?  :z4

Bee out with the sea trout head again today for an hour or so, flying fairly consistently to 42m with the od one just over 43m in flat conditions which I'm very happy with.  Got some 35lb Slickshooter loaded onto a reel and it seems to work just fine.

Cheers

Ben

Lasse Karlsson

« Reply #47 on: 30/11/2012 at 16:58 »
Hi Ben

Dunkeld was a breeze, the Swedes are serious about their late night casting  :cool:

Good distances in flat calm!

That's what I had in WC this year:

I would really have liked to have had Steve's flat calm :

But I'm sure I would have fallen in in these conditions:

Cheers
Lasse

Mike Barrio

« Reply #48 on: 30/11/2012 at 18:34 »
Great videos Lasse .... sure was windy in the last one! :shock

Ben Dixon

« Reply #49 on: 30/11/2012 at 21:36 »
Cheers Lasse!

Nice clear videos.

Struggling to break that mark in the conditions I have had this week.  Distances about the same last three days, conditions about the same too but I think we should get some wind next week  :cool:

Casting a length of DT with a bit of rear taper welded on, about 26 grams and 53' long.

Cheers

Ben

Crackaig

« Reply #50 on: 15/01/2013 at 10:51 »
Is there any news on the salmon spey lines. I'm needing a new one but will hold off if there is going to be a new one soon.
Cheers,
C.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #51 on: 15/01/2013 at 11:39 »
The video of casting the rubber chiken was interesting. We sometime go a little daft and cast Rapala lures on the 10 weights for Pike :)

Its rather interesting and extremely hazardous! Best remove the trebles and replace with singles.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #52 on: 15/01/2013 at 12:18 »
Is there any news on the salmon spey lines. I'm needing a new one but will hold off if there is going to be a new one soon.
Cheers,
C.

Thanks for asking ...... :z16

Still at the prototype stage I'm afraid, I am more than pleased with the lines, but I do need to work my way through the development process.

I was hoping to launch these at the start of February, but it looks like towards the end of the month is going to be more realistic now ...... all going well.

Crackaig

« Reply #53 on: 15/01/2013 at 13:26 »
Thanks Mike, I will hold off then, Apart from the opening of the Helmsdale (last Friday) I don't do any before April so there is time.
Cheers,
c.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #54 on: 17/01/2013 at 17:16 »
For those of you that made 27g sea trout distance heads from the GT140, please note that this doesn't work with the new GT125 in my experience.

Don't panick :shock ...... Coming soon ..... the new Barrio ST27 :wink

flyfisher666

« Reply #55 on: 17/01/2013 at 18:26 »
Don't panick :shock ...... Coming soon ..... the new Barrio ST27 :wink

Feature preview please! :z5
 Length, taper and weight would be interesting to know. (Weight to give an idea of how much room there is for "tweaking")

\\ /Joakim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #56 on: 17/01/2013 at 18:39 »
Feature preview please! :z5
 Length, taper and weight would be interesting to know. (Weight to give an idea of how much room there is for "tweaking")

\\ /Joakim

No previews this time I'm afraid Joakim ...... but when the ST27 arrives, I think you will find them pretty original :z16

There will be a short and a long :wink

Cheers
Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #57 on: 18/01/2013 at 12:21 »
Not much I can say about it really, Mike's the boss and he's not giving anything away  :z4

However, I've been casting a proto pretty much every day for the last month.  The short cut will go 40m farly consistenly in a flat calm and I've thrown it 48.3m (158') this morning in a good tail wind which is a new PB for me.  The long maybe gives me another 1.5 - 2m in a flat calm.

I think you'll like them  :z16

Cheers

Ben

Peter McCallum

« Reply #58 on: 18/01/2013 at 16:38 »
The short cut will go 40m farly consistenly in a flat calm and I've thrown it 48.3m (158') this morning in a good tail wind which is a new PB for me. 

:shock :shock :z14 :z14 :z13

Loxiafan

« Reply #59 on: 18/01/2013 at 20:24 »
How about you technical guru Barrio Line Boffins designing an "ultra light" trout line AFTM #0, #1 etc as an alternative/replacement to French Leader (which seems big just now).

I understand a major line maker has done just this, but how about a Barrio one with the usual R+D, high quality and sensible price point ( for us Scots with short airm's and deep pockets !). I reckon it would be popular if it could be done for around £35 ?

I'd call it "The Whisper" ( you can have that  :wink) !

Cheers,

Lindsay

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com