Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Under Development ......................
« Reply #30 on: 27/11/2012 at 21:21 »

15' heads flying well too.

Certainly was Ben :z16

flyfisher666

« Reply #31 on: 28/11/2012 at 04:12 »
Nice pic's! The colour of the lines really stands out!

@Ben - Longest I've heard of is close to 60m (Lasse K).

Ben Dixon

« Reply #32 on: 29/11/2012 at 17:11 »
Was this with a DT?

Cheers

Ben

flyfisher666

« Reply #33 on: 29/11/2012 at 19:28 »
I think so. Not sure though. Fairly short i think - about 15-16m.
 He is active om some swedish forums - I'll pm and ask him.

flyfisher666

« Reply #34 on: 29/11/2012 at 20:04 »
 Got a reply from Lasse. Length was right, but from a GT140.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #35 on: 29/11/2012 at 20:36 »
Hi Joakim,

Thanks for that!

Got something spliced up from DT's that is doing well just now, had a few hours at it over the last two days in flat conditions and I'm pleased with how it's flying.

Is Rio Slickshooter 25lb legal for your comps?

Cheers

Ben

Lasse Karlsson

« Reply #36 on: 29/11/2012 at 21:02 »
Hi Ben

Nope, it's too thin  sadly, oh and too short too  :oops

Minimum legal size is 0,35mm thickness, and for oval shootinglines this is measured on the thinnest side, and as far as I remember , Rio's 25lb ends up at 0,32ish... 35lbs is legal though  :grin

Longest cast in competition, would be I think, Steve Rajeff's this year, that went 54,5 m's in a howling gale :

Cheers
Lasse

Ben Dixon

« Reply #37 on: 29/11/2012 at 21:14 »
Velkommen til forummet Lasse!

Thanks, Just mic'd it again and I get 0.35mm but if it is deemed too thin then I'll bin it now, shame as it is working well for me  :z6

Will try some 35lb tomorrow, hopefully we'll get some wind tomorrow, been fairly calm here for a few days now.

Cheers

Ben

Lasse Karlsson

« Reply #38 on: 29/11/2012 at 21:25 »
Tak skal du have Ben  :cool:

If you get 0,35 then it's cool, however, it's the micrometer on the comp day that counts, as well as the scales....
So have a backup plan in case you come to a competition :z16

I use Berkley XT solar, a trolling line that sadly is discontinued... Mine says 0,42mm but measures at 0,38....

Cheers
Lasse

Ben Dixon

« Reply #39 on: 29/11/2012 at 21:31 »
Best not to take the chance Lasse, I'll work with something that is definitely legal.  I'm hoping to get to the Pitea comp next June at least and I think we'll have a 27g floating head event at the Sexyloops gathering next year too  :cool:

That Solar should be about the same diameter as 15lb Amnesia then, I've got that measured at 0.43mm and 0.4mm (two different spools) or my measuring may just be crap!

Cheers

Ben

Lasse Karlsson

« Reply #40 on: 29/11/2012 at 21:42 »
You're right about that Ben  :grin

Not a big fan of amnesia, I'd look at Berkley Ironsilk if you can find it, but anything goes as long as it's thick enough  :cool:

Good luck if you get up there, there are seriously some of the best casters around hidden away in Northern Sweden, but you've met some of them already so you know  :oops

Cheers
Lasse

Ben Dixon

« Reply #41 on: 29/11/2012 at 22:02 »
You're right about that Ben  :grin

Not a big fan of amnesia, I'd look at Berkley Ironsilk if you can find it, but anything goes as long as it's thick enough  :cool:

Good luck if you get up there, there are seriously some of the best casters around hidden away in Northern Sweden, but you've met some of them already so you know  :oops

Cheers
Lasse

I've always got on quite well with Amnesia in 15lb, it doesn't tangle too much.  The Rio stuff seemed to give me more stability and consistency. Will have a look out for some Berkeley, thanks for the info.

I know they're good up there, that's one of the reasons I want to go :wink Will you be heading up there?  I'd like to get to a few more of the Scandinavian comps, cheap enough to get there just very expensive once we get there.

Cheers

Ben

Mike Barrio

Re: Under Development ...................... New
« Reply #42 on: 29/11/2012 at 22:19 »
Hi Lasse
Welcome to the forum :z16

I'm hoping to go to Pitea with Ben too .... as it is important to have somebody willing to come last in the competition! :z4

Cheers
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #43 on: 29/11/2012 at 22:43 »
Hi Lasse
Welcome to the forum :z16

Yup - Hi Lasse - nice to see you   :z18

I'm hoping to go to Pitea with Ben too .... as it is important to have somebody willing to come last in the competition! :z4

Best wishes
Mike

That's handy Mike, I thought it would be me ending up last  :z7
Who knows, it might still be me last  ???  I'll actually need to practice for a change :! as I will be going to Pitea and I'm looking forward to it  :cool:

:z3

Lasse Karlsson

« Reply #44 on: 30/11/2012 at 13:05 »
Hi Guys

Thanks for the welcome  :z16

Would love to go to Piteå, and see my friends there. But I don't think it will happen next year, we've breed another supercaster that's due beginning of March here in the household. So June is probably too early to run of alone  :wink

When you guys go there, be careful with the late night casting sessions  :wink The locals are used to it, thsoe of us without 24 hours daylight is not.....  :cool:

Cheers
Lasse

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com