Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

To describe this past week as mixed would be an enormous understatement with wind and rain being the dominant features interspersed with periods of sunshine.

Thursday was particularly volatile with a torrential downpour which raised the water level dramatically and required all our efforts to prevent flooding. This downpour left an inheritance of dirty water which was slow to clear but fortunately did not prevent the fish from feeding. At the time of writing (Sunday am) the water is still coloured but there is a relatively high level of surface activity.

The best catches this week were recorded by:

L Davidson, Macduff, 23 fish, (Olive Damsel/Fritz), D Stewart, Aberdeen, 14 fish, (Nymphs/Buzzers), J Abel, Fraserburgh, 12 fish, (Blobs/Cat's Whisker), A Murray, Gardenstown, 8 fish, (Cat's Whisker), N Thomson, Turriff, 7 fish, (Cormorant/Cat's Whisker), G Wood, Banff, 6 fish, (Bloodworm).

This coming week is predicted to be more settled and will hopefully lead to steadier fishing.

Delgatie Castle Trout Fishery is a Troutmaster water and is open seven days from 8:00am til 6:00pm this week and from 8:00am til dusk during the winter months. Visitors and novices are welcome and booking is not necessary. Boats (where required), rods and tackle is available for hire.

For further information phone Bob on 07980 999 006. :z15

josh

Re: Delgatie Castle Trout Fishery report w/e 20/10/12
« Reply #1 on: 25/10/2012 at 11:51 »
floods more like monsoons it was a joke and the fish didnt take in the dirty water it was near enough black i fished the whole day and not a touch. my favourite loch for years but the attitude of the owner i wont be going back

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com