Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Wanted - Small puddle!
« on: 24/04/2007 at 08:57 »
With all you anglers out there and fishery owners there must be someone who can put me in touch with a small loch that we can stock with Carp and lease from the owner.

Anything from 3/4 of an acre upwards is fine, and it can be treelined etc as we dont need space for a back cast.

Idealy we are looking for a water of about 2 acres, with shallows and deeper areas (or an area that we can use a digger to dig a deeper hole), sheltered and pricate.

Any farmers out there with a small reservoir, or maybe "set aside" land. A boggy fielf that could be dug out maybe?

We are a small syndicate and are struggling to find anywhere (well, there are loads of suitable waters in Aberdenshire but we are struggling to find out who owns them!!). Naturally we would do all the stocking and any work needed on the banks etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

sharpie

Wanted - Small puddle!
« Reply #1 on: 24/04/2007 at 09:02 »
there are 3 that i can think of up in the keith area but also loch soy at portsoy has had fish stocked in the past

have you tried the "puddle" at the other side of the a96 from loch insch? thats a pond/puddle/loch whatever that has been there for as long as i can remember and i'm 35 now

Rob Brownfield

Wanted - Small puddle!
« Reply #2 on: 24/04/2007 at 10:47 »
I know about Soy :)

The one opposite Inch looks nice, but cant find out any info on it.

Can you PM me about the ones in Keith please :)

Wanted - Small puddle!
« Reply #3 on: 24/04/2007 at 11:03 »
hi rob
are you looking for any area in particular?
andrew

Rob Brownfield

Wanted - Small puddle!
« Reply #4 on: 24/04/2007 at 11:44 »
Andrew, I am about to move close to Kincardine O Neal on Deeside, so there would be wonderful...but I would consider anywhere as the members are widespread.

Ross

Wanted - Small puddle!
« Reply #5 on: 24/04/2007 at 15:30 »
I'm sure there was a place up beside Fraserburgh that was for sale, and from memory it was quite large too.

Not sure if its been bought or not :roll:

*edit* Rathen Reel Affair?

Wanted - Small puddle!
« Reply #6 on: 24/04/2007 at 19:31 »
Rathen is a bit to big i think and far to expensive £6k a year i think plus he wanted money for the stock already in
andrew

Rob Brownfield

Wanted - Small puddle!
« Reply #7 on: 25/04/2007 at 09:28 »
Nahhh..Rathen is way way to much!!!

I am looking for something that the Trout boys would not look at...smallish, weedy, overgrown etc. The Scottish Carp Group only pay £400 a year for there most expensive water on a private estate.... :grin:

Hamish Young

Wanted - Small puddle!
« Reply #8 on: 25/04/2007 at 10:26 »
You'll have a hard job finding something in the area for that sort of money Rob - even the stankiest wee puddle seems to be around £600+ pa
Nevertheless, good luck  :wink:

Cal

Wanted - Small puddle!
« Reply #9 on: 25/04/2007 at 10:32 »
Rob. sent you a PM gives a call back!

Rob Brownfield

Wanted - Small puddle!
« Reply #10 on: 25/04/2007 at 13:50 »
No PM has come through :(

Rob Brownfield

Wanted - Small puddle!
« Reply #11 on: 25/04/2007 at 13:52 »
Hamish,
I could do £600..for the right water....lol..but I know what you mean...

Frustrates me...manky pond sitting there doing nothing bringing in no money....offer £400, but they want £500...lol..

Hamish Young

Wanted - Small puddle!
« Reply #12 on: 25/04/2007 at 14:11 »
There are one or two places I have in mind, I suspect Calum might be thinking of one of the same.
See how you get on - if no joy drop me a line.

sharpie

Wanted - Small puddle!
« Reply #13 on: 25/04/2007 at 19:04 »
pm sent :wink:

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com