Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Matt Henderson

Reel foot for GRXi+
« on: September 30, 2012, 16:53:45 PM »
Folks,

I managed to break the reel foot on my 9/11 GRXi+ reel on Friday night after a frustrating day chasing salmon.  Does anybody know where I could get a replacement? The heads of the retaining bolts are on the reel foot rather than the reel body.  Will give Greys a call on Monday morning to see if they can help.

Thanks

Matt

Jim Eddie

Re: Reel foot for GRXi+
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 18:48:54 PM »
Matt
Try Sommers I think they can get parts, fixed a Greys reel for me once.

:z18

Jim

"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:06:40 AM »
Call Greys...although they may well send you through a dealer.
Ok, I admit it, I quite like this salmon fishing lark....

Matt Henderson

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 09:29:30 AM »
Despite being exceedingly busy at work  :oops :z4 I've called greys and they've popped a new one in the post for less than a fiver including P&P!  Cash back!

And in other news I picked up another salmon reel on Saturday and now have the ability to set up both rods at the same time!

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum

All content on this website is copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk