Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Cameron

Re: Flying North - Sutherland, 2012
« Reply #15 on: 28/09/2012 at 15:30 »
...that looks suspiciously like a road to me....could ye not drive it and save some of the slog?

It would have been mostly passable in a land rover or similar beast. the walk was character building though....

Iain Cameron

« Reply #16 on: 28/09/2012 at 15:31 »
what peaked my interest most was the number of times the term was used. being a cryptologist, me thinks it's a secret code or something we're not anywhere near to learn !  :z4

Ah, it's just that I need to wee a lot... drink too much coffee....

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 28/09/2012 at 15:39 »
Coffee is good :z16

Allan Liddle

« Reply #18 on: 28/09/2012 at 17:38 »
It would have been mostly passable in a land rover or similar beast. the walk was character building though....

Ah Noel you know you're not allowed to drive just anywhere you like, certainly not on this road, helps keep it all 'pristine.'
The odd stalkers vehicle for the more financially secure no problem, but poor torn arsed troot fishers have to use Shank's Pony i'm afraid.

But makes the challenge more real, the wilderness more wild, the experience much more rewarding.

Ok that's what i tell myself when doing this, but in reality?  Step out the car right onto the water better?  Ever wondered why i go to Orkney as much?  :z4 :z4 :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com