Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Richard Tong

October
« on: 18/09/2012 at 08:42 »
I may be in Aberdeen on business on Oct 1. Are any of the rivers open for trout? If so, where and which beats..Deveron open? Worth fishing in October?

Richard

Jim Eddie

Re: October
« Reply #1 on: 18/09/2012 at 08:52 »
Richard

Deveron trout season closes on the 6th of October.

:z18

Jim

Allan Liddle

« Reply #2 on: 18/09/2012 at 12:18 »
I may be in Aberdeen on business on Oct 1. Are any of the rivers open for trout? If so, where and which beats..Deveron open? Worth fishing in October?

Richard

Yes and yes, weather dependant.

Richard Tong

« Reply #3 on: 18/09/2012 at 12:19 »
Is the Don closed from 30th September everywhere then?

Loxiafan

« Reply #4 on: 18/09/2012 at 13:27 »
I might be wrong (probably am !) but do some beats of the Deveron not bias heavily towards Salmon angling in October (and earlier) eg. you can't actually get tickets for 'Brown Trout' ?

Lindsay

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 19/09/2012 at 05:57 »
I might be wrong (probably am !) but do some beats of the Deveron not bias heavily towards Salmon angling in October (and earlier) eg. you can't actually get tickets for 'Brown Trout' ?

Lindsay

Thats Correct Lindsay

:z18

Jim

Allan Liddle

« Reply #6 on: 19/09/2012 at 09:49 »
Actually you can't get brown trout only tickets on the Deveron at any time it's always all species access.
Trouble with back end Deveron isn't you can't fish for browns, it's the cost, you're paying for a salmon ticket 'cause that's all you can get.
Being one of the last water's in the area to close (Spey having shut 30th Sept) it can also be quite popular so best to book ahead.

Frank Henderson at Turriff Tackle will keep you right and will certainly know what's available and how much.

Cheers

Allan L

Brian Brand

« Reply #7 on: 20/09/2012 at 22:13 »
Hi,

The Don's Trout Season finishes at the end of September,

so soon,

Bri.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com