Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

adambrain

I have been getting back into the swing of sea fishing and have enjoyed the mac's this season, i've now upgraded my gear and wanna try some spots for codling, pollock ect.
Has anyone got any suggestions for location and good tacktics?

Much aprreciated and sorry I well aware it's not fly fishing, I will try to redeem myself with a good trout report on some remote location soon.

Adam

Jim Eddie

Adam
North.  To CuLlen or South to Inverbervie
 :z18

Jim

Hamish Young

The coast south of Aberdeen (from Doonies Farm south) has a few real hot spots for Cod when there's a good easterly wind blowing. Only hassle is it's a nasty bar steward to get into some of the shore - dodgy ground, you have to be bloody careful down there and best to go with mates than on your own down there.

Tactics..... I'd look at a paternoster rig with ragworm as bait, possibly a mussel and ragworm cocktail.

H :z3

Mark Zhang

Hi,

Here is a link for cod marks from Aberdeen to south. I don't think they come back now, but you can try somewhere like Findon, there have cods who don't like travel. By the way, the most of marks are quite dangerous, so be careful. Inverbervie beach and Gourdon harbor are quite nice place and easy to access, but you have to be there in a right time. Mackerel is one of the best bait for cod, keep them if you can, I don't like the one from supermarket. none of them is fresh. Cheers.
http://www.aberdeenthistlesac.com/Pages/FormsandMaps.aspx

Tight line

Mark

James Abel

Hi Adam

I've herd there's good fishing to be had at rosehearty beside the old aircraft tower. I have never been but lug worm is the way ahead fishing some ledges. I wouldn't go yourself from what I have herd. I don't know if you have ever been on a boat but John Ritchie from inverallochy dose boat trips. I went out for 2 hours we had nearly 2 boxes of mixed fish with some big cod. I'm not sure of the price but it's definetly worth a punt no lost gear and a dead cert for catching. All the best j :z16

adambrain

Cheers lads, I've got a few spots and ideas to work on for a while now.

Regards
Adam

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com