Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Steven Kidd

Fashion Inspiration
« on: 30/09/2012 at 20:40 »
All,

It seems that as fly fisherman we are at the cutting edge of fashion.  I just had a day in town shopping for some badly needed new shoes......

Went into John Lewis and the first thing i see is a tweed jacket with a salmon fly pin broach......really badly tied allys shrimp by the look of it.  These 'broaches' are standard on all of a certain brand of jackets.

Then I found shoes by the same 'designer' with winged wet trout flies all over the insole, bloody butchers etc....

Whats going on?

Be good if the fly-tyer got some royalties!!

Cheers,

Skidd

Allan Liddle

Re: Fashion Inspiration
« Reply #1 on: 01/10/2012 at 11:07 »
They do, it's a Coachman with a wee red bit in the middle.  :z4

Oh dear, fishing fashion, this could go bad, pictures of dodgy golfing jumpers spring to mind.  Canne see standin in Wotherspoons in waders n studded boots being the norm (might no be a bad idea mind with aw the drunk bawbags bumpin intae ye spillin the vodka bull pitchers they're luggin aboot awe ower the place, whilst you try to enjoy a quiet pint at a sedate pace.  Ok might have got away with that one if no-one here knew me  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4)

Steven Kidd

« Reply #2 on: 01/10/2012 at 11:31 »
Found the website of the designer........Ted Baker tight lines collection.....Is this really what they think we wear??

Skidd

Mark Zhang

« Reply #3 on: 01/10/2012 at 12:05 »
That's the next generation fishman, fly fishing without the hook. Zero damage to the fish. Catch rate ??? I guess is 0.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 01/10/2012 at 12:08 »
I've had flies on my troosers for years  :z8

All they have to add to this silly collection is one of those flat cap type thi............... oh no! I've gone and done it now  :oops

Iain

Steven Kidd

« Reply #5 on: 01/10/2012 at 12:19 »
Hey Iain,

Flat caps are definately in!!, see my post in the Don section for how to look good in one..... :z4

Black sumo nappy thong type things however........ :X2

Cheers,

Skidd

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 01/10/2012 at 12:23 »
Steve,
Your photo was actually my inspiration  :X2

As for my thongy wading staff picture, well that was an unfortunate shot.  :X1 Cheers Matt

Iain

Euan Innes

« Reply #7 on: 01/10/2012 at 12:42 »
Many years ago when I was a lot younger, I used to tie "broach" flies to order. They were'nae cheap I can tell you!  :z4

Most of these were for women who wanted fishy jewellery and I, modestly, did a really good job on them. For once these flies were not for the fish so they had to look the part.
I don't recall where I got the "hooks" from but they were about a size 2/0 and gold.

That chappy in the catalogue photo looks to have spent all his money on his tweeds and then had to steal his grandads rod. He does look lost in thought, probably thinking how big a twat he looks!

:z1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com