Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

The Haddo Kidd
« on: 26/08/2012 at 21:45 »
Steven "skidd" enjoyed another cracking day on the dries and spiders at Haddo today, the fish weren't easy, but he had 10 to the net including this nice one of approx 4 lb :cool:

Tactics were a dry on the point and a wee Greenwells Spider on the dropper washing line style :wink

The gin clear water is certainly favouring top of the water tactics :z16

Steven Kidd

Re: The Haddo Kidd
« Reply #1 on: 27/08/2012 at 12:21 »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the post.

I really had a most enjoyable relaxing day yesterday.  I put it all down to boat number 46.  I always have had a great day in that boat over the years.

All I need to do is trailer that boat up and down to Leven for a trip I think.
Cheers,

Steven

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 27/08/2012 at 12:56 »
Well done Steverino, I really need to find my checked Guideline Jacket so I can start catching some fish too.  :X2

Iain

Steven Kidd

« Reply #3 on: 27/08/2012 at 12:58 »
Its the best jacket there is!!

Waterproof tweed, lol.

Cheers,
Steven

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 29/08/2012 at 20:39 »
Hi folks :cool:

Liam Stephen also enjoyed a good session last week with 11 trout up to 2.5 lb and just like Steven ... many more missed. Ewan Lindsay had the same problem, lots of fish rising but not easy to get them to stay on, Ewan had 8 to the net up to 3 lb.

DHE, Straggle Nymphs, CDC Emergers, Greenwells Spider, CDC Black Buzzer, Black Klinks and the Daddy proved best :wink

Steven sent me this photo of one of his trout :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 01/09/2012 at 19:57 »
Boat 43 is looking much better and has been back on the water for a couple of weeks now. Check out the cheeky Brown rising just beyond the anglers rod tip! Slightly zoomed in the bottom left box.

Considering how much work I've been doing with the weed recently, I'm quite pleased with progress on boat 44, currently on the ramp and coming along nicely! ..... Why do I always get more paint on me than I get on the boat :z4

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com