Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sieger Devries

Hunting for Asp.....
« on: 23/07/2012 at 19:11 »
Yesterday we were going on a hunt for Asp.... For the first time in weeks it was hot and sunny, so we wondered if we would see some, let alone catch some... We had a great day out (got a sunburn)... Unfortunately I only caught Perch, but my buddy Johan caught 3 fine fish.... Great fighting robbers these Asp are.... Place some pics here... If you like to see more, be welcome to visit my Blog:

http://tight-loops.nl/?p=1508

Proudly presenting....

a great place to be...

It took the streamer in a Blitz...

Mike Barrio

Re: Hunting for Asp.....
« Reply #1 on: 25/07/2012 at 01:06 »
Hi Sieger

Thanks for the report and photos ...... Great stuff :z16

I have not seen an Asp, they look like a good fish.

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 06/08/2012 at 13:12 »
Oh YESSSSS please!!! On my wish list for sure!

Is this in Holland? I hope to be in Holland in the near future, with fly rod in hand :)

Sieger Devries

« Reply #3 on: 10/08/2012 at 10:37 »
Hi Rob,

Yep in Holland on one of the many rivers.... These asp's are getting quit common on all our rivers.. Just look for the places were the water streams real strong and you'll see them hunting.... Specially on warm summer evenings.... Sometimes you hear people throwing bricks in the water... That's we're they are.... Hunting fish... With speed and jumps they are after the little ones...

Great sport...!

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 10/08/2012 at 16:26 »
Sounds fun!!

Just had an emil from a friend who is currently fly fishing for Wels Catfish on the Erbo in Spain! Biggest so far was 31kg!! Thats is also now on my wish list!!

Sieger Devries

« Reply #5 on: 10/08/2012 at 21:41 »
It sure is Rob....

Catfish.... have you seen the big mouth these beasts have...  :shock Did catch one at a fishery over here... about 65 cm. but buy are these fish powerful...
Got it at my feet and than it decided it wasn't ready for it... turned around and took almost all of my line form the reel... Imagine that times 50... Would need a crane I think....  :wink

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com