Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jonathan Kerr

Shetland trip
« on: 17/07/2012 at 12:25 »

Here is an unlisted link to some footage and pics from my trip to Shetland this summer.

Most fish returned (some were kept for the plate...which is quite normal up there!).

Not all caught by me.  Best fish just under 5lb, with quite a few in the 4-5lb range.

Normally I target sea trout and salmon up here at this time of year...but this year i was having too much fun with the brown trout!

Hope you enjoy. It really is a wonderful place if you know where and how to fish it. :)

Jonathan

Iain Goolager

Re: Shetland trip
« Reply #1 on: 17/07/2012 at 17:07 »
Great wee video and cracking fish. :z16

Seem to recognise the green rod too, home made?

Iain

Irvine Ross

« Reply #2 on: 17/07/2012 at 17:24 »
Cracking video :z16

And a decent taste in music :z14

thanks for posting

Irvine

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 17/07/2012 at 18:17 »
The reports just get better and better recently. Some serious brown trout there, well done :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 17/07/2012 at 18:46 »
Great stuff Jonathan :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Jonathan Kerr

« Reply #5 on: 17/07/2012 at 21:29 »
thanks guys. glad you enjoyed it.

The rod is indeed the one i built toward the end of last year Iain.  Thank to the help and advice from guys on here   :z16

Now that i'm back in Abereen, i'm keen to get one of these 'decent' don fish i've heard about..they have eluded me thus far this season! All of those will be safely returned of course!!

thankfully i have about 4 weeks or so till i have to go back to work  :X2

J

Allan Liddle

« Reply #6 on: 18/07/2012 at 10:09 »
Crackin fishing there.
Shetland certainly one of my top destinations and somewhere i need to get back too soon.

Fishing quality is always high and the mix of waters is amazing.

My best so far 62degrees North is 5lb 12oz, but plenty other trophies amongst them, and sea trout in the Voes is always special (weather and timing critical of course)

Right where's my diary for 2012?

Allan L

PS Shetland fish like to go back for another day as well  :wink

David Blades

« Reply #7 on: 21/04/2013 at 08:41 »
I spent 4 years in Shetland and fished solidly.... If you ever get the chance to visit make a stop at Benston Loch  :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com