Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to April 16th )
« on: 12/04/2007 at 00:24 »
Hi folks  :cool:

Damsels, Fritz and Buzzers have produced some great sport at Haddo this week.

From the boats, Bill Bain tempted 12 fish up to 5½ lb for his session, Peter Wilson 9 up to 9 lb, Peter Cunningham 12 up to 10 lb, Jim Eddie 15 up to 12 lb, Lyall Wilson 17 up to 4½ lb, Ivor McBain 9 up to 10 lb, Derek Wiseman ( with a little help from his sons ) had 14 up to 11 lb 14 oz, Kipps Kerr 10 up to 7 lb, Damien Bruce 10 up to 7 lb, Rob Duncan 19 up to 10 lb, Jimmy Rhind 13 up to 12 lb, Terry Novak 11 up to 8 lb, Len Baxter 18 up to 8 lb, Frank Thrall 16 up to 6 lb, Charlie MacPherson 15 up to 7½ lb, Michael MacPherson 15 up to 4½ lb, Ronnie Birnie 12 up to 6 lb, John Lockhart 17 up to 13 lb, Willie Keenan 20 up to 13 lb, Alex Burnett 10 up to 11 lb and Phil Broadley had 12 fish up to 3 lb. Junior angler Daniel Nelson netted 10 fish up to 7 lb and first time fly fisher Donna Souter caught 4, including a nice 4 pounder ........ Well done!  :wink:

From the float tubes, Dave Olley tempted 25 fish up to 7 lb for his session, Peter McCallum had 8 up to 9 lb, Henry Lockhart 10 up to 14 lb and young Andrew Lockhart caught 13 up to 6lb ........ Well done Andrew!  :wink:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Peter McCallum

Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: 12/04/2007 at 11:13 »
Hi Mike just to say thanks for a superb day yesterday, good fishing, excellent company, refreshing coffee at request, as well as a most welcoming mein host  :z14  make Haddo the friendliest fishery I have visited :grin:  :grin: .

Well impressed with the nylon and if anyone is thinking about the #3 weight (yes Stuart that means you :cool: ) then definetly give it a go - its a smashing wee rod .

Thanks again Mike :z18

A very happy(Rabbit)angler :z9  :z9

Mike Barrio

Re: Yesterday
« Reply #2 on: 12/04/2007 at 19:17 »
Quote from: "rabbitangler"
Hi Mike just to say thanks for a superb day yesterday, good fishing, excellent company, refreshing coffee at request, as well as a most welcoming mein host  :z14  make Haddo the friendliest fishery I have visited :grin:  :grin: .

Well impressed with the nylon and if anyone is thinking about the #3 weight (yes Stuart that means you :cool: ) then definetly give it a go - its a smashing wee rod .

Thanks again Mike :z18

A very happy(Rabbit)angler :z9  :z9

Hi Peter

Many thanks for the kind comments, I'm really chuffed that you enjoyed yourselves  :cool:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

great day at haddo
« Reply #3 on: 13/04/2007 at 09:49 »
hi mike  :cool:
  just to let you know, that me and young andrew had a great day at haddo on wednesday, and so did the boys from cowdenbeath (fife)  :wink:  :grin: enjoyed them selves liked it with the great quality of fish you have got.

henry and andrew
the waterbuoys  :lol:   :lol:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 13/04/2007 at 23:03 »
Hi Henry and Andrew

Thanks for the feedback ....... I am pleased that your friends enjoyed themselves  :wink:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

PDScott

Daily Photos
« Reply #5 on: 13/04/2007 at 23:42 »
Mike,
What a great idea to post the photographs at the end of each day - now my wife knows what I have been getting up to! Do you mind if I send a copy to Mick Bell of Bloke Fly rods? I have enjoyed my 3 days over the last 2 weeks but unfortunately all good things must come to an end and work looms large!
See you soon hopefully.
Peter Scott

Mike Barrio

Re: Daily Photos
« Reply #6 on: 14/04/2007 at 00:33 »
Quote from: "PDScott"
Mike,
What a great idea to post the photographs at the end of each day - now my wife knows what I have been getting up to! Do you mind if I send a copy to Mick Bell of Bloke Fly rods? I have enjoyed my 3 days over the last 2 weeks but unfortunately all good things must come to an end and work looms large!
See you soon hopefully.
Peter Scott

Hi Peter

Yes of course, tis probably easiest to send Mick a link to this thread  :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Stuart Smith

« Reply #7 on: 17/04/2007 at 12:29 »
hi mike

thats a lucky photo of kev playing a fish.doesnt offen happen

love the photos

stuart

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com