Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kevin Moss

Glen of rothes trout fishery w/e 18th june
« on: 18/06/2012 at 15:17 »
Much of the fishing has been good this week and Ian kerr certainly had caause to celebrate with tagged fish.Peter Collins had 2 good outings with 15 fish each time,Gordon grant had a 23 fish tally, and Eddie Kane 21.The river spey anglers association with the Spey board had a great day and all the children enjoyed catching insect life from the burn first and looking at them close up on the microscope and computer at the fishery,learning what they were and what they develop into and seeing how healthy the water ways here are.Kevin Dawson provided a great discussion and display for the children who enjoyed it all and fished later on and caught fish to take home with them.It was good to see the interest from them of what fishing is all about.Fly tying sessions are now on at the Glen on a monday and thursday evening beginning at 7 pm and anyone interested will be most welcome to come along and learn this fine art.

The coarse loch has picked up well with John Allsopp enjoying a good few sessions with carp to 5lbs,roach,ide,bream and gudgeon.Others fishing also caught well with carp upto 3lbs ,bream roach and ide.We even tried the fly on the loch and the fish were keen and ide and roach were caught in a small session on diawl bachs and it did prove an interesting exercise.
some fish from the coarse loch on the fly.

Rob Brownfield

Re: Glen of rothes trout fishery w/e 18th june
« Reply #1 on: 19/06/2012 at 11:48 »
I would love to have a proper fly session on the coarse loch with buzzers and so on...:)

Kevin Moss

« Reply #2 on: 21/06/2012 at 17:20 »
Well Rob you never know what the future holds :X2

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 22/06/2012 at 10:17 »
Hmmmmmm...sounds interesting..I think..lol.

I hope to get up on Sunday with the pole and maggot since the rivers are a bit high just now...

Kevin Moss

« Reply #4 on: 22/06/2012 at 10:23 »
Look forward to seeing you then Rob.I think I remember what you look like lol

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 22/06/2012 at 12:56 »
lol..it was only last summer...things have just not worked too well this year regarding the weekends..too many pipeband engagements!!! Its either give up the pipeband or the fishing...and the band supplies copious amounts of drink...lol

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com