Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to June 11th )
« on: 12/06/2012 at 10:50 »

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to June 11th )
« Reply #1 on: 12/06/2012 at 12:31 »
Hi folks :cool:

Haddo continues to fish well, but is certainly not easy and you have to work things out :wink

Hares Ear Emergers, Olive Emergers, Hoppers, dark sedge patterns ( think Alders ), Bibio, Spiders, Crunchers, Kates, Butchers, Black Pennell and Bloodworm have all been on the menu this week.

Alex Burnett enjoyed a good day with 18 brownies up to 3.5 lb and had 14 up to 2.5 lb on a second visit, Phil Broadley netted 15 up to 2 lb, Martin Rutherford 13 up to 3 lb and Dave Davies tempted 12 nice trout up to 3 lb.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to June 11th )
« Reply #2 on: 12/06/2012 at 12:32 »
( Posted elsewhere on the forum, but probably a good idea to repeat this here )

It is a couple of months now since I put the fishery up for sale and the only serious interest has been from folk wishing to set up syndicates. I would prefer this not to happen if possible, as I know there are many Haddo regulars who would miss being able to fish the loch :z6

So I have had a bit of a rethink ..... and Haddo is now open daily from 9.30 to 5.30 ( by advance booking only ) and with a fishing permit price of £20 per angler.

I have updated the website information, please see: http://fishingthefly.co.uk/haddo-trout-fishery.html

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com