Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

boopinter

candacraig and edinglassie
« on: 08/06/2012 at 10:58 »
aye aye a'body,can anyone help me find out where i can get a permit for the don at edinglassie/candacraig?fished alot there 2 years ago but heard that someone had taken on the lease.hope you can help,cheers,bruce

Ben Dixon

Re: candacraig and edinglassie
« Reply #1 on: 08/06/2012 at 11:04 »
Hi Bruce,

Permits are available from
Neil & Jaki Gallacher
Skelletar House
Strathdon
01975 651 386

Price is £20 per day as the Edinglassie & Candacraig ticket now includes the Tornashean fishings too.

Cheers

Ben

boopinter

« Reply #2 on: 08/06/2012 at 11:20 »
aye aye min,thanks for that.love fishing up there.good size fish for a wee burn.3and a half pounder up there 3 years ago.im new to this forum and im finding you all very helpful, cheers,bruce

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 08/06/2012 at 13:58 »
Neil and Jaki are extremely helpful and showed us places to fish/park and so on. The £20 is a flat rate so you can fish for Salmon too if you want.

We only had small fish, but you can certainly see that there are some lovely bits where bigger fish might hole up.

Basically you can now fish from the bridge in Strathdon all the way to Cock Bridge on one ticket...mostly both banks.

boopinter

« Reply #4 on: 08/06/2012 at 14:28 »
cheers lads,i think i have had all my best days trootin up there,i think its fantastic fishing apart fae the fly attracting trees and falling down a 30 ft embankment head first into a pool i was going to fish!!!thank god nae body wis aboot :oops. have any of you guys tried fishing the muick up at loch muick?difficult but beatiful.thanks,bruce

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com