Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Marc Fauvet

Stolen Books Look Out - Coch-Y-Bonddu
« on: 07/06/2012 at 14:55 »
many, many of Paul Morgan's fly fishing and fly tying books where stolen over the weekend.
as he explained in the article below, he expects them to be dumped somewhere as they where most probably a sideline to other stolen items but who knows, they might end up for sale somewhere.
should you hear of several collector books being sold please contact your local police and Paul here   
orders@anglebooks.com
anthonypaulmorgan@btinternet.com

http://deesox.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/theft-fly-tyingfishing-books.html

cheers,
marc

Peter McCallum

Re: Stolen Books Look Out - Coch-Y-Bonddu
« Reply #1 on: 07/06/2012 at 15:01 »
There should be an automatic trawl facility on Ebay to look out for stuff like this being sold. W*****s !   :mad

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #2 on: 14/06/2012 at 09:04 »
they've been retrieved  :cool:

from Paul-

"Didn't I always say what wonderful people police officers are? No? Well I will from now on.
My trailer and books have had a very interesting holiday to a traveller's site in the West Midlands. The books were unloaded, fortunately somewhere dry, while their temporary owners wondered what on earth they could do with them. Meanwhile the trailer seems to have been busy, collecting two different registration numbers chalked on the back and acquiring a new flooring of diesel and broken glass.
When it was pointed out that the books were so valuable that anyone stealing them would be likely to incur a prison sentence the surprised and kind travelling man jumped in his van and travelled all the way to Aberystwyth to deliver my trailer and books to the Police Station there. The books have had rather a battering but seem very glad to be home!"

:z16

Peter McCallum

« Reply #3 on: 14/06/2012 at 18:23 »
they've been retrieved  :cool:

from Paul-

"Didn't I always say what wonderful people police officers are? No? Well I will from now on.
My trailer and books have had a very interesting holiday to a traveller's site in the West Midlands. The books were unloaded, fortunately somewhere dry, while their temporary owners wondered what on earth they could do with them. Meanwhile the trailer seems to have been busy, collecting two different registration numbers chalked on the back and acquiring a new flooring of diesel and broken glass.
When it was pointed out that the books were so valuable that anyone stealing them would be likely to incur a prison sentence the surprised and kind travelling man jumped in his van and travelled all the way to Aberystwyth to deliver my trailer and books to the Police Station there. The books have had rather a battering but seem very glad to be home!"

:z16

Good news indeed :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 14/06/2012 at 21:05 »
That's good news! :z16

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com