Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to June 4th )
« on: 04/06/2012 at 21:59 »
Hi folks :cool:

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to June 4th )
« Reply #1 on: 04/06/2012 at 22:14 »
Haddo is fishing well, but is not easy :cool:

CDC Emergers, Dry Black Spiders, Hares Ear Emergers, Claret Hoppers, Crunchers, Buzzers, Invicta, Hares Ear Nymph, Bibio, Spiders, Black Nymphs, Black Pennell, Pearly Pennell and Bloodworm have all been on the menu. There have been some great hatches at times and there are a lot of hawthorns and alders in the air.

Alex Burnett enjoyed a great session with 23 Brownies up to 2.5 lb and netted 14 up to 3 lb on a second visit, Barry Strichen tempted 12 up to 2 lb, Alan Barker had 11 up to 2 lb, Michael Troup 8 up to 1.5 lb, Colin Shand 7 up to 3 lb, Ian Brown 7 up to 3 lb and Alan Gourlay netted the best trout of the week with 4 fish up to 6 lb.

First time fly fisher Angus Hunter was learning the ropes with Steven Kidd and caught two nice fish of approx 1.5 lb ...... Well done!

Best wishes
Mike

Alan Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: 05/06/2012 at 20:11 »
and Alan Gourlay netted the best trout of the week with 4 fish up to 6 lb.

Twas me, recently started fly fishing again and visited Haddo twice in 2 weeks. A lovely place to fish, and only a 25 minute drive where I live in Balmedie.

First visit I caught ten on a Hares Ear Nympth, very hot and difficult but a great day.

Second visit was a half day and caught 4 with one trout at around the 5-6lb mark, caught on a claret hopper dry fly.

Planning another visit at the end of the month.

Alan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 05/06/2012 at 22:30 »
Hi Alan
Welcome to the forum :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com