Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Aye Aye Ewing,

You're unsightly enough without your peepers going all Marty Feldman (sp?) on us.  :z12

Yan

Euan Innes

:X

None taken mate...

:z1

Jim Eddie

Aye Yan, specy gits like us need to find options.
Strangely enough I was looking at what is out there in polarized frames for the likes of us. Can anyone out there answer me this? If your regular glasses are transition lenses (not polarized) do they still go dark if you put polarized clip-on or over glasses over them? I like the idea of over glasses but not if I end up wearing welders goggles! Any thoughts?

Regular polarized prescription glasses are too much for fishing but Cocoons clip-ons are really cheap and come in different colours so a yellow pair and a brown pair might only run to £50.

I like the idea of laser surgery but I don't like the idea of it going wrong.

Euan
My Mrs was thinking about it, but changed her mind after talking to her Optician. Guy had work got it done and it went wrong, eyes were worse than before. I'm sure that it works 98% of the time though.

:z18

Jim

Noel Kelly

Euan
My Mrs was thinking about it, but changed her mind after talking to her Optician. Guy had work got it done and it went wrong, eyes were worse than before. I'm sure that it works 98% of the time though.

:z18

Jim

Three of my sisters had it done years ago and all were very happy which encouraged me to do it. After an assessment for suitability the surgeon told me with my Perscription I had a 90% chance of an improvement and a 50% chance of 20:20 and a chance of no improvement.
 He also said he had done a few thousand people, can't remember the exact number and none had "gone wrong" I liked the guy,had confidence in him but the night before I nearly backed out. Had a large dram and said fuk it I'm not thinking about this anymore  :z4
I was tested after at better than 20:20 whatever that means and 2 years later at just slightly under but not needing corrective lenses.
Guess if I tied my own flees so they had those large pink posts like most Don fishers do then none of this would be an issue

spencie

I had my eyes done a few years ago and was very happy with the results, I will probably need glasses at some point but not yet.

Stuart

Rob Brownfield

No one is going near my eyes! I only have one pair, which I keep in a glass at the side of my bed at night. :)

As for the question about reactalights going dark under overglasses, I doubt it as little light is getting through. I am sure they will darken a little, but you should be fine. I have overglasses (cocoons) if you want to try them out first.

Iain Cameron

Ben, the Visions are tortoise shell frames, right?

That was the only thing that put me off (Mr Vain) but although I love my spec's It's that time of year again so need to get some better coloured lenses. Might reconsider my fishing wardrobe.

talking of wardrobe, Ben & Dave at Orvis were squabbling over who would look best in the black-polka dot dress they had hanging up behind the counter...

I bought the Vision X Spiders. They're grand, on first impressions.

Yan - they're NOT the tortoiseshell - just plain black. They are a wee bit on the Bono Pop Star wrap around.... but frankly we all already look bonkers enough in waders/caps/dangly accesories/nets/fishing vests etc to care about that. fishing, not fashion...

Daytime driving in cloudy conditions, they have a great lightening effect, the world is suddenly brighter. A sort of enhanced reality.

Wore  them last night from 5pm til 11.30 - comfortable enough, no pain. Wasn't really aware of them. They make green colours look great, the trees & grass were super shiny.  Admittedly there was less cloud cover last night than the previous two nights i've been, but I still had them on when I packed up at night.

so pretty happy with them, and at £49.99 retail RP, no complaints from the bank either.

cheers
iain

ps - lasers in my eyeballs. No Way!!! weekly contact lenses. put em in. leave them. take them out 7-10 days later. dispose. new pair. perfect

Rob Brownfield

talking of wardrobe, Ben & Dave at Orvis were squabbling over who would look best in the black-polka dot dress they had hanging up behind the counter....

No contest, Davie every time!

Euan Innes

No contest, Davie every time!

Correct. Ben is the rubber guy, Davie does spots  :z7
I think Davie spent some time undercover when he was in the police and old habits die hard.

As for the question about reactalights going dark under overglasses, I doubt it as little light is getting through. I am sure they will darken a little, but you should be fine. I have overglasses (cocoons) if you want to try them out first.

If I get time I might take you up on that offer Rob. I have found the clip on Cocoons for £16 at the sunglasses-shop.co.uk so I'll spend some time at the weekend getting the size right and get a pair before going to Assynt.

Euan Innes

Damn! The only frames are too wee.

Iain Goolager

Youan,

if you didn't have a head like a broth pot then you may have been able to get frames to fit.   :X2

I know, I know......................"none taken"  :X   :z4

Iain, that's good to know  :z16
was going to go to see Ben today but had to shrimp sit instead :z6

Iain

Euan Innes

Iain,

Congrats on originality  :z16
Baw-heed I have been called but never broth pot. You are indeed wise  :z4

If I may quote from "Commando" - "Sully, you know I said I'd kill you last? I lied"  :wink

Seriously though, I'm gutted about the Cocoons not being my size. Right now I cannot spend £40 on glasses so I'm going without (unless I get a good homer before Assynt - Iain, I said HOMER...) It didn't effect my catch rate last year so it might not this year. And besides my Oakleys are STYLISH  :z16

Watching Ebay...

Euan Innes

Just got a pair of clip-ons from this lot

www.clipon-sunglasses.co.uk

They are just ace!  :z16 Good fit, good glass and best of all, great price. £21.95!!!  :z18
There are lots of fitting options and styles so if you are looking to get good polarised clip-ons for your glasses, try these.

Euan Innes

Forgot to say, full report after Assynt, possibly with photos, Lord help y'all  :z5

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com