Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Steven Sinclair

Loch Borralaidh and River Dee - Invery
« on: 24/05/2012 at 10:59 »
Hi guys,

Last Thursday my Dad made his annual pilgrimage up north to fish the Limestone Lochs in Durness.  The two trout below were his best fish for his 3 days fishing.  :z16

All of his fish (im sure he will be online later to confirm just how many) were caught on size 16 Hears lugs and buzzers. Note the shameless plug for Mikes wonderful 3# in the pictures  :z3
He returned back on Sunday night and was invited to fish the Invery beat of the Dee on the Tuesday evening and he managed 3 cracking seatrout, the best being this 3.5lber.

I think he said the seatrout were all taken on a size 12 cinnamon and gold.

As much as I find it great that he is getting in amongst some great trout, the fact that he sends the pictures to me whilst I am Kuala Lumpur with zero access to trout fishing is a tad frustrating to put it politely!  :mad :mad :mad

Im sure he will be on soon enough to correct me on any errors made!

Also all fish were returned back to fight another day.

:z18
Steven

Eddie Sinclair

Re: Loch Borralaidh and River Dee - Invery
« Reply #1 on: 24/05/2012 at 13:42 »
Steven, the weather was awful and we only reaqlly fished a little on Thursday and not at all on Saturday. Between us we had around 20 trout of over a pound and we even manged to get 8 seatrout up to 2 1/2 puonds in the Kyle of Durness. There are still cracking brownies to be had in the Limestone lochs but as always you will be at the mercy of the weather gods. When you come home we can sneak off to Durness for a few casts.  Dad

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 25/05/2012 at 08:56 »
What cracking trout!!!!!!!! Amazing looking fish!

As for Trout in KL...well...if you can get to the Cameron Highlands...there used to be Brown Trout. I am going back 30 years but there is no reason why they should not still be there.  I believe they had been stocked in the 1930's by tea plantation owners who missed their trout fishing.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 25/05/2012 at 09:03 »
Great looking fish Eddie :z16

Thanks for posting the photos Steven :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com