Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Troutmasters Magazine?
« on: 07/04/2007 at 22:44 »
Hi folks

Those of you that know me well will be aware that of the four main fly fishing magazines, I have ( in my humble opinion) always rated "Troutmasters magazine" or should I say "Trout Fisherman Magazine" in fourth place  :z6

But times are changing  :cool:

I have found myself reading it this year, yes I said reading it, rather than just flipping quickly through the pages.

Editor Russell Hill is doing a grand job ( again in my humble opinion ) and appears to be widening the content considerably, some of which I am finding a very good read. Especially in my case, the articles from trout fishery owners like Tim Small at Lechlade Fishery, articles which are opening up new ideas and gaining good feedback from anglers  :cool:

There have been some great articles about all sorts of subjects recently, including wild brown trout fishing and some good fly tying pieces too  :wink:

Perhaps some of you have been thinking the same?

The magazine has got a long way to go before it knocks "Fly Fishing & Fly Tying Magazine" from the perch of 1st place in my favourites ............ but I am enjoying the new content and would currently rate it 2nd in line  :shock:

Well done Russell Hill  :z14

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

sightbob

Troutmasters Magazine?
« Reply #1 on: 08/04/2007 at 20:44 »
i Particularly liked the editorial about stocking smaller fish to save our sport as the cost to fisheries has yet again went up, a complete change to the attitude of the magazine.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com