Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

River Dee Salmon Video
« on: 07/04/2007 at 08:27 »
Hi folks

I have added some great video of salmon swimming in the Dee to "Haddo TV"  :cool:

See http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/video.html

A big thanks to Dave and Duncan for giving me a copy to put on the site  :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

River Dee Salmon Video
« Reply #1 on: 07/04/2007 at 08:31 »
I am also working on a video with lots of wee clips of "you folks" float tubing  :wink:

Best wishes
Mike

Sandy Nelson

River Dee Salmon Video
« Reply #2 on: 07/04/2007 at 12:25 »
WOW!!!!!!!

Pardon my ignorance, but most of the fish seem to have a pale coloured line running from the back of the dorsal fin to the adipose fin, is this normal?
I've never noticed it before on Salmon, mind you i've never seen them in the water like that before either.

Still what a superb bit of video, thanks for sharing it Dave/Duncan

Sandy

Hamish Young

River Dee Salmon Video
« Reply #3 on: 07/04/2007 at 14:36 »
Quote from: "spiderman"

Pardon my ignorance, but most of the fish seem to have a pale coloured line running from the back of the dorsal fin to the adipose fin, is this normal?

Yes, although only really noticeable in the water and even then in certain light conditions.

Dave Gordon

River Dee Salmon Video
« Reply #4 on: 07/04/2007 at 19:18 »
Well spotted. believe it or not they are long tailed sea lice!

Fish caught over the next few days often had them.

For interest the camera angle allows perhaps a view width of about 5 or 6 feel in vid one, a little narrower in Duncans vid. The whole video is 35 minutes long, and we could see fish at all times. The pool is very wide and i would expect the density of fish did not vary much over a third of the river, and remember we could only see perhaps 5 feet of it on screen. lokng to both sides the fish were as thick as you can see in the video. Visability was some 4 mrt and the camera dpth of field is just a couple of meters.

We both saw some giants, fish of 3-4 ft long, you can hear my reaction as a monster went past. We saw many thousand fish, few seatrout, You can see one big one in my vid and a few eels.

Almost no par and a few flatties.

It was some experience, and we would like to take in a full size recorder, rather than the digital minicams we took on that dive.

D

Mike Barrio

River Dee Salmon Video
« Reply #5 on: 07/04/2007 at 20:12 »
Hi Dave

It must have felt awesome being in the water with that amount of fish!  :z8

Thanks again
Mike

wildfisher

River Dee Salmon Video
« Reply #6 on: 07/04/2007 at 21:42 »
The number of fish is astonishing. Are you sure you were not in a Marine Harvest cage?   :grin:

Stuart Smith

River Dee Salmon Video
« Reply #7 on: 08/04/2007 at 11:25 »
loved the videos.keep up the good work.

at least i know what im missing at home

stuart

duncanm

River Dee Salmon Video
« Reply #8 on: 12/04/2007 at 12:58 »
Yup - That was a good day, will hopefullty be able to get some more filming done this summer...

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com