Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Windy......
« on: 13/05/2012 at 11:36 »
I thought I might go and do a wee bit of casting this morning.

That idea went to rats about half an hour after I got up..... the sheep getting blown across the field next to the house and being pinned to the fence by the howling gale sort of convinced me that trying a cast is a bad idea.

Several hours later and the wind is getting worse  :roll FFS, can't we have some 'normal' weather for a change ???
Is it too much to ask :?

At this rate I might have to actually do some painting in the house or some other domestic chore I really do not want to do :!

H :z3

Hamish Young

Re: Windy......
« Reply #1 on: 13/05/2012 at 11:38 »
PS ....... the sheep is still there  :z4

Euan Innes

« Reply #2 on: 13/05/2012 at 11:55 »
Show a bit of backbone man!
We've been out in worse  :shock
It's a bit breezy down here too and the lights keep flickering. I'm sure it will all be fine weatherwise by the 25th. At least it better be!

:z1

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 14/05/2012 at 00:38 »
pah..I was out today with a 4 weight....you guys just dont have any gusto!...excuse the pun ;)

Barry Robertson

« Reply #4 on: 14/05/2012 at 13:19 »
It wasnt much fun trying to get from one in of Lintrathen to another yesterday thats fot sure. I thought i was going swiming on a few occassions  :z10

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 14/05/2012 at 13:27 »
It wasnt much fun trying to get from one in of Lintrathen to another yesterday thats fot sure. I thought i was going swiming on a few occassions  :z10

Aye Baz been I'll bet that was not much fun.

:z18

Jim

Euan Innes

« Reply #6 on: 14/05/2012 at 15:31 »
I am reminded of a wee trip that me and the Coastguard had a few years back to Loch Shin. It was the same day that a man and his son died on Loch Maree in a canoe.

The waves were pretty large - large enough for me to have to sit (lie) in the bow with my feet up over the thwart to keep enough weight in the front. The waves were coming over the bow and it looked like we were on a movie set with someone throwing buckets of water in for effect. (Think Chewin' the Fat, Pearl necklace sketch  :z4)
Two drogues might have been better that day and turning across the wind was "interesting".  :shock

We were laughing like school kids all the way!

Bloody good drift past the cages though  :z16

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 14/05/2012 at 18:41 »
..... well remembered  :cool:
Think we were the only boat out that day on Shin, I don't recall seeing another. But then again, we are used to fishing with each other in a boat, so no issues. That's not a 'partnership skill' that everyone who goes afloat enjoys, which is a worry for another topic on another day.

Buggeringly windy today too  :shock

Euan Innes

« Reply #8 on: 14/05/2012 at 21:14 »
There was another boat but it ran for shore when the wave got higher than a foot.
Probably spent the night in the Nip Inn telling folks about the two nutters in the other boat!

Allan Liddle

« Reply #9 on: 15/05/2012 at 14:02 »
Try tubing it when it's like that.  Long walk back if it blows the wrong way.  :z4

Euan Innes

« Reply #10 on: 15/05/2012 at 16:10 »
Did that last year on Loch Cul Fraioch!  :grin
The drift across was ace, but fishless.
The walk back was long and fishless.... :z4 :z4 :z4

Alex Burnett

« Reply #11 on: 24/05/2012 at 20:42 »
..... well remembered  :cool:
Think we were the only boat out that day on Shin, I don't recall seeing another. But then again, we are used to fishing with each other in a boat, so no issues. That's not a 'partnership skill' that everyone who goes afloat enjoys, which is a worry for another topic on another day.

Buggeringly windy today too  :shock

What can I say H I'm shocked .....  :X2 Thought you would like this:

Alex

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com