Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to May 9th )
« on: 09/05/2012 at 17:35 »
Hi folks :cool:

The Haddo Brownies finally appear to have decided that Spring is here today. There was a good rise for most of the day to what looked like emergers, which of course could be used as an excuse for a bit of investigation and stalking from the bank ..... I netted a few on Hares Ear CDC Emergers, great stuff!

Things had to be right though ...... the fly had to sit correctly, the leader had to be turned over properly with good presentation and the leader had to be degreased every two or three casts :wink failure in any of these departments was met with refusal :oops

After this weekend's casting event, it was nice to get the chance to catch a fish or two off the top! :cool:

(below) One of today's fish.

Due to being away at the casting event, I haven't much to report this week I'm afraid. Mini Nomads, Crunchers, Olive Nymphs and Klinks appeared in the catch returns and I guess we can now add Hares Ear Emergers to those :wink

Ronnie Ewen enjoyed a good session tempting 14 fish up to 3.5 lb, Graham Bell netted a dozen up to 2 lb and Alex Adams caught 10 up to 3 lb.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to May 9th )
« Reply #1 on: 11/05/2012 at 23:47 »
Different conditions today, anglers could see the odd fish rising most of the time, but they didn't appear to like the ever changing temps and wind direction throughout the day. There just wasn't a good hatch and fish were caught about a foot down, maybe 6 inches :z6

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com