Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eddie Sinclair

Catfish on a Barrio 3wt.
« on: 05/05/2012 at 22:57 »
Mike,
I was bored catching tiny panfish in Louisiana last week and went for catfish instead. One of my colleagues filmed the fight of an 8 pound catfish on the origional barrio 3 weight. Would you like me to put this on the forum?

I did not think that a rod could bend so far and stay intact.

Regards,

Eddie.

Rob Brownfield

Re: Catfish on a Barrio 3wt.
« Reply #1 on: 05/05/2012 at 23:20 »
Got to see that one!!! :z16

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 07/05/2012 at 00:46 »
Dad,

If you send me the video again I can upload it for you. The video in your original email wouldn't work.

Cheers,
Steven.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 07/05/2012 at 00:53 »
That sounds like fun Eddie ..... yes please, would be great to see!

Best wishes
Mike

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #4 on: 08/05/2012 at 23:06 »
Mike,
I have sent the video to Steven and he will upload as I do not have the computer skills to do so.

Eddie.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: 25/05/2012 at 02:49 »
As promised!  :z3

View My Video

:z18

Steven

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 25/05/2012 at 08:32 »
 :z16 :z16

Was that a Channel Cat? Never seen one taken on a fly. What fly was it? Another species to add to the list of "potentials" for me :)

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #7 on: 25/05/2012 at 15:03 »
Rob,
i am duty bound to come clean on this one. Although I did catch several catfish on a 3 weight outfit it was not flyfishing in its purest form. After catching a 3-4 inch panfish on almost every cast using a size 12 black snatcher i kept a couple of the small fish and replaced the fly with a substantially larger hook and used the small fish as bait. Whilst it may not have been cricket it was great fun playing them on the light rod.

Eddie.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 25/05/2012 at 16:34 »
Rob,
i am duty bound to come clean on this one. Although I did catch several catfish on a 3 weight outfit it was not flyfishing in its purest form. After catching a 3-4 inch panfish on almost every cast using a size 12 black snatcher i kept a couple of the small fish and replaced the fly with a substantially larger hook and used the small fish as bait. Whilst it may not have been cricket it was great fun playing them on the light rod.

Eddie.

Fishing is all about adapting to the circumstances! Fair play to you..love it!!! I know of people doing that in the UK for Pike :)  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com