Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

josh

Mossat fishery
« on: 02/05/2012 at 18:04 »
has anyone ever been to mossat near lumsden ? As i have never heard anyone talk about it and was wondering if it was any good and worth a try?

(edited subject heading to clarify query - Hamish :z3)

Hamish Young

Re: fishery
« Reply #1 on: 02/05/2012 at 18:39 »
Used to fish it a lot..... but that was more than a decade ago.
Last fished it maybe 5 years ago, nice enough day. Mossat is quite small, but a fun water. Steve (I think) is the owner now and he's just a ball of enthusiasm.

Worth a visit.

H :z3

Euan Innes

Re: Mossat fishery
« Reply #2 on: 02/05/2012 at 21:09 »
I used to fish there until I left the area five years ago.
Cheap and VERY cheerful! As Hamish said the owner is really enthusiastic and helpful. All of the loch fishes well and top of the water sport when it's on is ON. There is nothing huge in it but they fight well and keep coming. I really liked the place. It's no Haddo, but then where is?
Give it a throw. It might have changed over the last few years but knowing Steve, I doubt it.

:z16

:z1

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 02/05/2012 at 23:45 »
Owned by the father of a work mate...been a few reports on here recently..all superb. Give it a go, you won't be dissapointed if you want a few fish under your belt.

Peter Rawlinson

« Reply #4 on: 03/05/2012 at 10:09 »
Can only agree with what has been said above , also if you go five times you get a free day .

josh

« Reply #5 on: 03/05/2012 at 14:25 »
thanks for the comments, think im going to give it a try this coming monday. does it still stock the brook trout to as would be interesting to get into one. and the free day after five times sounds good as i fish quite alot. :z15

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com