Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Sage Custom for sale
« on: 28/04/2012 at 10:13 »
For sale.

My well travelled Sage 99, 9'9" 4wt 4piece fly rod. This rod has been all over the world with me since i built it a couple of years ago, it has caught many fish and has been a good friend. I have used it for River Nymphing in NZ, Czech style and spiders on the Don and as a brilliant lightline boat rod up at Haddo and other waters.

I have renovated the rod so it is looking fresh and new again, it has a nicely figured light walnut insert with a very high quality cork custom grip, i have replaced all the rings with nice new single leg snakes and it has a chameleon style butt ring. It has a plain alloy tube and an original Sage bag. The rod is a very dark green and it is whipped in Sage green. All in a very pretty and nice casting fly rod.

As it has been refinished and despite it looking like new i'm only looking for £175, this is much less than the component cost and significantly less than the £500+ new price, so if you want a custom built bargain for drfiting those spiders or dinking those klinks, then drop me a PM and we can sort something out :z16

Thanks for looking

Sandy

Sandy Nelson

Re: Sage Custom for sale
« Reply #1 on: 07/05/2012 at 20:54 »
sold

Thanks for looking :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com