Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Custom waterproof jackets
« on: 27/04/2012 at 09:08 »
I thought I would mention a new version of Hilltreks "The Dee" wading jacket.

They used to do a heavy weight Ventile version but they have updated the jacket now.

Some of you may have heard of Cotton Analogy material as used by Paramo mountain wear providers. It is a "soft shell" waterproof material that does not rely on laminates such as Goretex, so will never delaminate and leak.

Its extremely light weight too.

They have used a Ventile, thorn proof outer with the analagy "pump" liner that actively transports moisture away from the body.

But the best thing is that you can have it customised at the wortshop in Aboyne. Well worth a look and its great to go along and see the jackets being made.

http://www.hilltrek.co.uk/acatalog/Dee_Chest_Wading_Jacket.html

Barry Robertson

Re: Custom waterproof jackets
« Reply #1 on: 01/05/2012 at 19:59 »
I see they are very cheap also  :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 02/05/2012 at 08:57 »
Cheap for fully custom. I use off the shelf Paramos and they are £200+ for a smock. The fact the Dee jacket uses the same material/Technology plus a Ventil anti thorn outer, well..to me its spot on.

I will be having one made as soon as my current paramo wears out..its 8 years old and still 100% waterproof..so it might be a while..lol

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 02/05/2012 at 09:27 »
Cheap for fully custom.

Agreed, that would be excellent value for a bespoke, tailored wading jacket - but it's not, sizing on that model is generic  :z6
However.... a search through the Hilltrek site (because I know Rob is right, having spoken to the guys at Hilltrek about this very subject for my Dad) reveals this:
http://www.hilltrek.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Dee_Chest_Wading_Jacket.html
Which is made to measure, for £35 more  :z16

Now for a custom made jacket.... that is excellent value :cool:

H :z3

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com