Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Supafly

Online Stockists
« on: 23/04/2012 at 22:43 »
Me again!

Could you guys suggest any decent one-stop shop type of website's for furrs and feathers etc. just somewhere with a proven track record with good quality stuff. Im sure most of you have tried out a few suppliers and have your preference's.

Cheers

Loxiafan

Re: Online Stockists
« Reply #1 on: 23/04/2012 at 22:50 »
Between Chris at www.lathkill.com and Phil at www.flytyingboutique.com I think you will find everything, and more, than you will ever need ! Steve Cooper at www.cookshill-flytying.co.uk is also very helpful and his game skins and wings are absolutely first rate - you have to call to order from him.

I can personally vouch for the first rate service of all these online flytying stockists.

Happy shopping !

Lindsay

Supafly

« Reply #2 on: 23/04/2012 at 23:05 »
Cheers Lindsay I shall have a gander

I just hope the Mastercard can take it!  :z7

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 24/04/2012 at 06:16 »
Hiya

Angusangling in forfar has an online shop, not the greatest to navigate but superb service
And very quick delivery, good shop too if you pop in, Lakeland has the best site and again great service, but they seem to run out of stock fast ,Of things you would need, otherwise I use lathkill as well, great service these days and a good selection of things you would want.
I always prefer to see my flytying stuff before I buy it, if I can though and Ben has a good selection out at banchory :z16
As does angus angling and the anglers choice on the parkway in dundee.
You may spend more if you go into the shop though :shock :z4

Sandy

Matt Henderson

« Reply #4 on: 24/04/2012 at 07:22 »
Flymakers are worth a shout too. But as Sandy says there is no substitute for seeing materials in the flesh so for some things it's best to just buy them in a shop.

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #5 on: 24/04/2012 at 12:26 »
hi !
you'll find a nice selection of regular tying materials and some not so common things like catgut and wild hamster skins and dubbing, barbless hooks (among other goodies) at my friend Lucian Vasies online shop in Romania.
http://www.troutline.ro/?___store=en&___from_store=ro
fast, friendly and cheap. hard to beat.

cheers,
marc

Barry Robertson

« Reply #6 on: 24/04/2012 at 21:31 »
Every shop has its things its good for if you know what  i mean, what you looking to buy?

Supafly

« Reply #7 on: 25/04/2012 at 23:48 »
Nothing in partlicular i just wanted to find out where the more experienced tyers go to for materials to save a bit of time, recomendations have served me well in the past  :grin

Here's my first attempt a bit rough but its a start!! I dont have a finishing tool yet so had to do it by hand, its also supposed to be an upturned hook but hopefully it will last long enough to catch something.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 26/04/2012 at 00:15 »
Great start ...... that will catch fish! :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Supafly

« Reply #9 on: 26/04/2012 at 00:23 »
Cheers Mike

The guys on here will be the first to know if it does  :grin

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #10 on: 26/04/2012 at 08:05 »
WoW ! for a first fly that's a cracking fly !  :z12

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #11 on: 26/04/2012 at 08:11 »
I dont have a finishing tool yet so had to do it by hand,

You don't need one. Fibishing by hand is easy enough with a little practice.

Spend ya money on something useful like a second bobbin or a quality pair of fine tipped scissors :)

Supafly

« Reply #12 on: 26/04/2012 at 10:48 »
Thanks Marc... i had a look at the website you recomended, very nice, i never thought wild hamster would have been an option  :z4 :z4 :z4

Ye Rob your probably right...once my daft fingers get the hang of it!!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com