//Harri

Barry Robertson

Re: Videos
« Reply #1 on: 22/04/2012 at 20:08 »
Thanks for sharing Harri, great videos especially the second one  :z16

Matt Henderson

« Reply #2 on: 22/04/2012 at 21:26 »
I watched the first one tonight, excellent footage and some nice fish too! Thanks for sharing.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 23/04/2012 at 08:14 »
What was the reasoning behind breaching the dam? I can only magine the environmental disaster that would have taken place downstream! You can see how much silt was pouing out into the river.

Humans are strange creatures!

paavo

« Reply #4 on: 23/04/2012 at 20:16 »
What was the reasoning behind breaching the dam? I can only magine the environmental disaster that would have taken place downstream! You can see how much silt was pouing out into the river.

Humans are strange creatures!

Hi Rob

This video will explain

//Harri

Supafly

« Reply #5 on: 23/04/2012 at 22:13 »
Good story, nice vid  :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 24/04/2012 at 00:17 »
Harri,
Thanks for posting that explaination..but i still don't get it. The river had natural spawning, presumably it also had other species in the river, all spawning on existing gravel beds.

They move 640 salmon upstream, presumeably a fraction of what was in the river.

They then blast the dam in one go, releasing thousands of tons of silt into the river, more than likely destroying the spawning beds down stream and sweeping other fish down stream, and also probably destroying all sorts of wildlife in the process.

Maybe I am just a bit unusual, but I would have though openning the dam gradually, lowering over a period of months and not releasing a deluge of silt into the river would have made far more sense.

Just a thought. I hope they don't try that on the Peterculter dam!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com