Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Abel

Pitfour Lake
« on: 17/04/2012 at 17:25 »
Hi guys I was out at Pitfour yesterday to my shock the water was  the darkest water I have ever seen ,the lake has been drained 3ft last week and a digger was out I was amazed at how far it reached out 30 ft. so soon it will be reed and hopefully weed free 3-4 weeks time ,the digger was taking out so much the 2 dumper trucks could not keep up :z16 I started with a midge tip there was very little surface activity and after a hour went for intermediate line ,I had 3 on and lost them then I caught one just when I was lifting my line out the water it swam for the boat and caught a rope to tie the boat up and broke  :X1 I was gutted .I decided to go deep and put on a DI 7  I ended of with 5 rainbows all good fighting fish full tails  and my first brownie of the year just a tiddler though half a pound .I was going to take a photo of the digger and the work it has done but my camera on my phone was no use. The fishing was hard work I dont think the fish like the digger due to the lack of surface activity.

A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!

Mike Barrio

Re: Pitfour Lake
« Reply #1 on: 17/04/2012 at 18:30 »
WARNING ...... PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU DISINFECT YOUR FISHING TACKLE AFTER A VISIT TO PITFOUR!

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com