Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

A Few Caught Recently
« on: 14/04/2012 at 22:19 »
What a change in the weather, today it was heavy snow flurries and sunny bits in between.  Cold wind at times as well.

Still some decent flurries of LDO's and MB's with the fish keen to respond in the sheltered bits.

Best so far 4lb 6oz

Crackin Colours

Troot Food

Looks nothin like it (or must be love  :grin)

Last yin today

Ben Dixon

Re: A Few Caught Recently
« Reply #1 on: 14/04/2012 at 22:33 »
Nice fish & nice pics Allan.

Cheers

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 15/04/2012 at 00:00 »
Nice photos and a good start to the season ..... Great stuff Allan :z16

Thanks for sharing!
Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 15/04/2012 at 00:18 »
Lovely Allan  :z16

Allan Liddle

« Reply #4 on: 15/04/2012 at 09:30 »
Thanks guys, start to season has been amazing.
Hope it continues through April and May. After then the high waters should really be on song  :z16

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 15/04/2012 at 19:19 »
Nice looking photos' Alan  :z16

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 15/04/2012 at 22:37 »
Very nice Trout Allan  :z16

I must say that I like the MB pictures. I see that the MB has it's arm around the DHE, was that posed or did he geniunely think he knew him?   :X2

Iain

Barry Robertson

« Reply #7 on: 15/04/2012 at 22:39 »
Very nice Trout Allan  :z16

I must say that I like the MB pictures. I see that the MB has it's arm around the DHE, was that posed or did he geniunely think he knew him?   :X2

Iain

Hahah ya belter! i never even noticed it! Must belove eh  :z15

Allan Liddle

« Reply #8 on: 16/04/2012 at 16:36 »
Aye noticed this when looking at the pics on the PC once downloaded off the camera.
DHE was feeling a wee bit low and the MB said 'There there, what have you got to worry aboot, i'll be deid in a few hours.'

Or more likely; 'Oi wake up you there's a troot over there eatin ma cousins, so get him stopped.'
Result?  See pic below  :z16

BTW general troot colours on the Dev are those Leopard spotted yns, but for some reason the pool where the last fish was caught throws up fish of this colour.  Reasonably deep pool but not what you would term 'bottomless', only thing i can think of is it's a general localised strain?  Know they like other troots for tea as well as it's not unknown for these fish to spew oot a we yin following capture.  Just shows there's a good mix in this water, but if you'd just showed me the pic i'd have said it was a Park fish.

Cheers

Allan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com