Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ben Dixon

Vision Float Tube
« on: 13/04/2012 at 00:00 »
Has anyone seen in the flesh or used the above?  Think it is new for this year and looks god value, GAC have a reasonable pic on their site. Any thoughts / opinions would be appreciated before I get the card out!

Cheers

Ben

Noel Kelly

Re: Vision Float Tube
« Reply #1 on: 13/04/2012 at 00:16 »
 :shock you are thinking of buying a water bike :shock hmmmm I think I may know a spot you have in mind....

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 13/04/2012 at 00:18 »
Looks just like the Ron Thomson 'Max' ???
Should be fine for a wee fella like you, does it come with bicycle clips :? :z4 :z4 :z4
I can almost hear it now.......  :z7 :wink

:z3

PS: 'god' value :? :X1

Ben Dixon

« Reply #3 on: 13/04/2012 at 00:22 »
Apparently not the same as a Ron Thomson (whoever the hell he is) :z4

I'd like a Guideline but can't justify the cash for the amount of use it would get.

Cheers

Ben

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 13/04/2012 at 00:28 »
Leave it with me, I'll make sure it gets used :z17

The design of those two tubes is uncannily alike, but I guess imitation is the highest form of flattery.
Same factory - different spec maybe :?

Looks like it'll do the business though  :z16

H :z3

Euan Innes

« Reply #5 on: 13/04/2012 at 08:14 »
Do my eyes deceive me! :shock
Don't worry about use Ben, you'll never be out of it.
My my, what is the world coming to?

The Vision looks great and is a really good price. You'll sit quite high and get a good view of the action.

Go for it!  :z16

:z1

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 13/04/2012 at 08:28 »
I know a few pikers with the Guideline, they prefer it as you sit on, not in the water, and being that bit higher, double hauls etc. don't end up with a wet left arm.

HOWEVER, they also say in a wind, they are hard to control as your body is not acting like a droge below the water and that when you need to kick hard, your feet are a tittle high in the water so you do not get the same power as a more conventional tube.

The only thing I would say about the Vision/Ron Thompson is that it only has two proper bladders (I would not count the seat one as a floataion bladder as its small) and if you are venturing out on certain highland lochs with Captain Von Hamish of Das Boat fame, I would be a little uncomfortable.

But then again, you can walk on water when it comes to casting so why not forget the tube and just do a Jesus?  :z14

Ben Dixon

« Reply #7 on: 14/04/2012 at 20:32 »
We'll see how good it is, ordered one today!!

Ben

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 16/04/2012 at 07:59 »
The Force is strong with you Obi Ben Kenobi, welcome to the dark side!

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #9 on: 23/06/2012 at 21:13 »
How did you get on with the Vision tube Ben? You been out in it yet? Thoughts? I have some GAC vouchers burning a hole in my pocket and thinking of ordering one of these?  :cool:

Paul

Ben Dixon

« Reply #10 on: 24/06/2012 at 22:10 »
Hi Paul,

Don't do it!!  Will drop you a PM rather than put in on the open board, I was less than impressed

Cheers

Ben

Allan Liddle

« Reply #11 on: 24/06/2012 at 23:08 »
Hi Paul,

Don't do it!!  Will drop you a PM rather than put in on the open board, I was less than impressed

Cheers

Ben

Sorry to hear that, we need somone to start producing Shakey Expos or even copy the old Fenwick V hull / Sparton Cruiser.
Even the old Caddis round tube was a decent bit of kit.

Current trend towards the 'pontoon' type kit i feel just aren't as good.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 24/06/2012 at 23:17 »
Current trend towards the 'pontoon' type kit i feel just aren't as good.

I agree ...................... :z6

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com