Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Matt Henderson

Box for tube flies
« on: 11/04/2012 at 07:35 »
All,

What is the best solution to carrying tubes? 

I'm going down the approach of having two or three patterns but in lots of sizes.  I've got a very thin wheatley box for sunrays and monkeys and that is fine.  But for all my other tubes I'm a bit stumped.  I've tried using a wee box off of ebay and I've tried using freezer bags.  Can anybody recommend really good box for tubes that can cope with say 2" down to 1-1/4" and then 1-1/4" down to 3/4"?

cheers

Matt

Rob Brownfield

Re: Box for tube flies
« Reply #1 on: 11/04/2012 at 11:08 »
I hate to admit that Somers has a good tube box, but they do.

Colin developed a box that is spot on for tubes. One side has slots for hooks (and i add a few flies in to) the other is a lided compartment containing several different sized long/short sections.

The box itself looks and feels like a C&F but it is translucent, so you can actually see whats in it without openning. Fantastic idea if you ahve a few of them and don't want to be openning boxes in the wind and rain.

They come in at £14.99 and personally, i think they are onto a winner.

Photos do not do it justice...

http://www.grampianfishing.com/product_info.php?cPath=70&products_id=2074&osCsid=ab4bd72ffd1890b389638d7eec29a75d

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com