Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

High Water
« on: 07/04/2012 at 17:33 »
You can never get enough of your fishing 'fix' even when conditions say you should stay home and tie flies instead.
Still with rivers unfishable yesterday and a visit to a local loch gifting another 2lb plus troot main running wayrts were off limits today so it was time to forage around the feeder streams.

One i know can produce and although fish are of a modest size (pounder could be considered a cracker here) you'd forgive my surprise when i came across a feeding fish tight onto the bank which was keen to take an olive DHE.  Big fight and a few nervous moments and another cracker which tipped the scales at 2lb 4oz.  Certainly a trophy for this water and surprised to see it given the conditions recently and how far up the system i was.

Another three fell to the DHE charms all of a more modest and average size for here and all sighted.  No 'bilnd fishing' fish tempted.

So the excellent start goes on and certainly not taking anything for granted, just lucky to be in the right place at the right time at present.

Allan

The surprise troot

Glad i took the net.

Barry Robertson

Re: High Water
« Reply #1 on: 07/04/2012 at 21:04 »
Nice lean looking troot Alan  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com