Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ewan Lindsay

Another Cracking Day At Haddo
« on: 31/03/2012 at 01:55 »
Had another great day today (despite the strong winds) and ended up with a personal best, numbers-wise.  All the fish gave a great account of themselves and I had several, obviously over-wintered, fish that were beautifully marked.  I had one of those days where it seemed everything I did worked (!  :roll ) and on a couple of occasions had two fish on my 2-fly cast at once and managed to land them both (Sorry to show-off but I had to include the photos below!)  Corixa and Black fritz were doing the damage.  Most of the fish were caught in the morning when the fish seemed to be hungrily feeding and after lunch things quietened down a bit as usual.

Ewan

Liam Stephen

Re: Another Cracking Day At Haddo
« Reply #1 on: 31/03/2012 at 09:47 »
Nice one Ewan  :z16

P.S how's the arms feeling? :z7
Liam

Ewan Lindsay

Re: Another Cracking Day At Haddo
« Reply #2 on: 31/03/2012 at 18:57 »
Hi Liam,

The arms were suffering after Wednesday's action!  Yesterday though, the trout I caught were all on a pretty slow sink and draw retrieve with the odd tweek here and there to attract their attention.  Many of the fish took the fly on the sink and even as soon as the fly hit the water. Great fun when two go for both flies at the same time!

The corixa was good for fishing the margins and the black fritz got takes from any fish that showed itself on the surface when you covered it.

Ewan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com