Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Ewan Lindsay

Another Cracking Day At Haddo
« on: March 31, 2012, 01:55:03 AM »
Had another great day today (despite the strong winds) and ended up with a personal best, numbers-wise.  All the fish gave a great account of themselves and I had several, obviously over-wintered, fish that were beautifully marked.  I had one of those days where it seemed everything I did worked (!  :roll ) and on a couple of occasions had two fish on my 2-fly cast at once and managed to land them both (Sorry to show-off but I had to include the photos below!)  Corixa and Black fritz were doing the damage.  Most of the fish were caught in the morning when the fish seemed to be hungrily feeding and after lunch things quietened down a bit as usual.

Ewan

Liam Stephen

Re: Another Cracking Day At Haddo
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 09:47:04 AM »
Nice one Ewan  :z16

P.S how's the arms feeling? :z7
Liam
Still searching for that  more Monstrous  Don Brownie!

Ewan Lindsay

Re: Another Cracking Day At Haddo
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 18:57:33 PM »
Hi Liam,

The arms were suffering after Wednesday's action!  Yesterday though, the trout I caught were all on a pretty slow sink and draw retrieve with the odd tweek here and there to attract their attention.  Many of the fish took the fly on the sink and even as soon as the fly hit the water. Great fun when two go for both flies at the same time!

The corixa was good for fishing the margins and the black fritz got takes from any fish that showed itself on the surface when you covered it.

Ewan

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum