Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

mike

Trip to Mossat .... Brilliant
« on: 11/03/2012 at 20:21 »
Decided to go for a change of venue on Saturday so headed to Mossat and give Steve a visit .... an excellent idea. The wind was up a fair bit but the fishing was great . 14 were tempted to either an orange blob / bunny leech or a home tied cats whiskers as they were all deep. The fishery was very well maintained with the new loo block spotless and a very comfy seat in the wooden cabin. Steve has started a scheme where he hands a wee card to you and stamps it everytime you fish and after 5 stamps you get a free visit , an excellent idea that some of the more larger fisheries could well take a close look at . I know its small but its friendly, well stocked with room for all to enjoy .
See you again soon Steve . Tight lines a plenty  :z16

Rob Brownfield

Re: Trip to Mossat .... Brilliant
« Reply #1 on: 12/03/2012 at 08:23 »
I work "occasionally" with his Daughter, Alice. Also a fine lass. Must be something in the water out that way :)

outspan001

Re: Trip to Mossat .... Brilliant
« Reply #2 on: 12/03/2012 at 14:01 »
I also had a great day before i had to go back offshore, again a windy day, with nothing doing to start with, tried all the usual stuff to no effect and then tried some sub surface daddies ( this was the end of feb ), couldn't beleive it i had a birthday with a take just about every cast, all the fish were clean and in good shape also.

A lot of fun and had 7 fish in only a couple of hours i had free. Steve is always his chatty self ( he would be being another Yorkshire man!), with it being a good afternoon

Cheers

Mark

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com