Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Liam Stephen

Perthshire Fishing
« on: 06/03/2012 at 18:30 »
Hi guys  :z16

Just been informed of a family trip down to Perth for a few days at the start of April. Its means missing some early season sport on the Don  :roll but i hope to make up for it down there. Basically I will be in the Perthsire area  for a few days so I think two days fishing is fair  :z4 :z4

I'd like to experience different water on both days e.g river and wild loch. I have limited tackle, so it will probs be fishing from the bank or shallow wading. Any of you guys able to pass on some info regarding waters, websites, flies/tackle... and so on??

Thanks
Liam

Ben Dixon

Re: Perthshire Fishing
« Reply #1 on: 06/03/2012 at 19:35 »
Hi Liam,

I'll send you a PM later on tonight.

Cheers

Ben

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 06/03/2012 at 20:00 »
Hi guys  :z16

Just been informed of a family trip down to Perth for a few days at the start of April. Its means missing some early season sport on the Don  :roll but i hope to make up for it down there. Basically I will be in the Perthsire area  for a few days so I think two days fishing is fair  :z4 :z4

I'd like to experience different water on both days e.g river and wild loch. I have limited tackle, so it will probs be fishing from the bank or shallow wading. Any of you guys able to pass on some info regarding waters, websites, flies/tackle... and so on??

Thanks
Liam

Liam

You are spoiled for choice in Perthshire. http://www.fishingnet.com/trout_fishing.htm

PM me if you need a loan of any gear.

:z18

Jim

Liam Stephen

« Reply #3 on: 06/03/2012 at 21:07 »
Cheers guys  :z18

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 07/03/2012 at 08:28 »
For a truely wild experience my I suggest Loch Turret. Besides feeding my favourite whiskey, it has some lovely Brown trout in it. Its a damed loch, so man made, but it is truely beautiful up there.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 07/03/2012 at 08:40 »
If i am home at the time i can easy pick you up at perth for a days fishing on Carron Valley reservoir or menteith ( both boat). Some cracking browns in carron  :z16

Peter McCallum

« Reply #6 on: 07/03/2012 at 11:34 »
Try the Braan near dunkeld

http://www.tayfishing.co.uk/permits.html

gives a heap of tay beat info

Liam Stephen

« Reply #7 on: 07/03/2012 at 17:39 »
Cheers guys  :z16

I'm going to be staying at Duchally Country Estate, im still looking into possibilities nearby. Ben says I should fish the Tay. It does sound brilliant. Hopefully a river one day and a loch the next  :z8

Baz,

I'm up on the 4th April to the 7th. Your offer sounds ace!! Just have to see what happens.  :z16

Cheers
Liam

Liam Stephen

« Reply #8 on: 23/03/2012 at 21:48 »
Will be spending a couple of nights in Greenock too. Hope to get at least one days fishing in whilst im there. Any ideas of where to fish?  :z16

Cheers
Liam

Jim Eddie

« Reply #9 on: 23/03/2012 at 21:57 »
Will be spending a couple of nights in Greenock too. Hope to get at least one days fishing in whilst im there. Any ideas of where to fish?  :z16

Cheers
Liam
GDAC have the fishing at loch Thom which is in the hills above Greenock, not usre if its members only though.

:z18
Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com