Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Noel Kelly

Re: River Don 2012
« Reply #495 on: 29/05/2012 at 15:21 »
Could well be Duncan. I'm not familiar with sea trout at all. The rises were more like lunges, very splashy.

Phil

« Reply #496 on: 29/05/2012 at 16:55 »
Noel,

ok interesting... maybe I should observe more...  :z5 my last question was more or less if you have seen the trout rising steadily? I mean last time I have been out, I have seen one rise/splash and than 10-15min later another one, but on a different spot... so I could not spot any target to cast my dry fly...  that's what I tried to say when I asked if you have seen the trout?  :z4 sorry, german accent, hehehe....

Cheers,
Phil

Noel Kelly

« Reply #497 on: 29/05/2012 at 19:26 »
Noel,

ok interesting... maybe I should observe more...  :z5 my last question was more or less if you have seen the trout rising steadily? I mean last time I have been out, I have seen one rise/splash and than 10-15min later another one, but on a different spot... so I could not spot any target to cast my dry fly...  that's what I tried to say when I asked if you have seen the trout?  :z4 sorry, german accent, hehehe....

Cheers,
Phil

Germany cool :z16 worked in a few different places there a few years ago. Loved the place.
Yes the trout were rising steadily last night, couldn't see much on the water other than the occasional sedge  but they were feeding hard.
Tonight looks good, get yourself down to the river!

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #498 on: 31/05/2012 at 22:31 »
Guys, this may not be the correct part of the forum, modes anyone know who owns the fishing that Colin Hart used to run from the Grant Arms at Monymusk these days?

Thanks in advance,

Eddie.

Hamish Young

« Reply #499 on: 31/05/2012 at 22:42 »
I believe it's all owned by the Monymusk Estate - so that would be Archie Grant.

H :z3

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #500 on: 31/05/2012 at 22:57 »
Hamish, thanks for the info. I have not been there for many years and feel like I should go back as there was some fantastic trout fishing there.

Eddie.

Hamish Young

« Reply #501 on: 31/05/2012 at 22:59 »
Still let through the Grant Arms Hotel in Monymusk.
Enjoy :!

H :cool:

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #502 on: 01/06/2012 at 08:27 »
be sure to take a few minutes to read the catch records ledger when your there.  :wink

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #503 on: 01/06/2012 at 08:53 »
I believe it's all owned by the Monymusk Estate - so that would be Archie Grant.

H :z3

Ahem!!! SIR Archie Grant if you don't mind!  :X2

Mad as a hatter!!!

kinloch

« Reply #504 on: 01/06/2012 at 19:29 »
I finally made it up your way lads. Hot weather and great evening fishing. Had 3 fish over 4lb (plus lots  between 1 and 2lb) over 2 nights as darkness fell. Also had 2 days and 2 evenings  on the Deveron and did very well but it's a bit of a duffers river compared to The Don, easy really, and the Don fish are far nicer to look at. I hope to get back up later in the summer for the big sedge hatches.  :cool:

Michael Buchan

« Reply #505 on: 02/06/2012 at 01:04 »
Was having a frustraiting week on the river this week, tuesday evening never say a rise, wedensday rose 2 decent fish and missed them both, thursday rose one and missed it again  :z8 that was up until 11 oclock tonight when i spotted a good fish rising steadily just off the bank tried it with a cdc and elk then switched to a red spinner pattern and up it came after 5mins most of which it spent in the air and some brown marks on my boxers i landed my new PB 4.25lb according to my mclean net, absolutly stocked.  Unfortunatly left my camera in the car which im gutted about.  I did remember to take some scale samples for Jamie tho would be interesting to find out how old it was.

Michael

Mike Barrio

« Reply #506 on: 02/06/2012 at 01:07 »
Great stuff Michael :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #507 on: 02/06/2012 at 08:44 »
Was having a frustraiting week on the river this week, tuesday evening never say a rise, wedensday rose 2 decent fish and missed them both, thursday rose one and missed it again  :z8 that was up until 11 oclock tonight when i spotted a good fish rising steadily just off the bank tried it with a cdc and elk then switched to a red spinner pattern and up it came after 5mins most of which it spent in the air and some brown marks on my boxers i landed my new PB 4.25lb according to my mclean net, absolutly stocked.  Unfortunatly left my camera in the car which im gutted about.  I did remember to take some scale samples for Jamie tho would be interesting to find out how old

Well done Michael  :z16

Iain Goolager

« Reply #508 on: 02/06/2012 at 13:48 »
and up it came after 5mins most of which it spent in the air and some brown marks on my boxers i landed my new PB 4.25. Unfortunatly left my camera in the car which im gutted about. 

Just a picture of the fish would have been nice, not interested in your fouled clothing.  :z4

Well done Mikhail.

I,m sure There may be a few more big ones soon.

Preaching to the converted - no camera?  FAIL!

Iain

Noel Kelly

« Reply #509 on: 02/06/2012 at 16:26 »
Out for a few hrs today. Lots of fly life about and lots of fish rising. Olives,sedge and plagues of "small black shit" Water was boiling with rises in a few spots. Nothing big showing though but a great few hrs had catching the occasional 1/2 lbr with a few up to 3/4lbs.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com