Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Liam Stephen

River Don 2012
« on: 16/02/2012 at 11:35 »
Guys,

Is there gonna be a new thread made for this season, like there has been the past two? The new season has started you know  :wink :wink

Liam

Mike Barrio

Re: River Don 2012
« Reply #1 on: 16/02/2012 at 11:46 »
Guys,

Is there gonna be a new thread made for this season, like there has been the past two? The new season has started you know  :wink :wink

Liam

I guess you just started the River Don 2012 thread Liam :z16

Great stuff :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 17/02/2012 at 16:12 »
Well that's me had a kelt from Inverurie   :z5

Has anyone heard of any confirmed springers yet?  :z8

Iain

Liam Stephen

« Reply #3 on: 17/02/2012 at 21:24 »
Nice one Iain  :z16 any pics?  :z15

Liam

Noel Kelly

« Reply #4 on: 17/02/2012 at 21:43 »
Ya that's you off the mark anyway :z16 Surely there's video not that I will be able to view it :mad

Liam Stephen

« Reply #5 on: 17/02/2012 at 21:55 »
Noel Salmon don't count  :wink :wink

Come on the Trout  :z15 :z15

Liam

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 17/02/2012 at 22:19 »
No kelt pictures Liam -into the side, forcepts out & away with those boys.

No video either Noel, It was all I could do to sneak the neccessities out first thing this morning without waking the one who sleeps with one eye open.

I need to deliver your parcel tomorrow Findus, let me know what suits.

Iain

Noel Kelly

« Reply #7 on: 17/02/2012 at 22:34 »
Findus?

Noel Kelly

« Reply #8 on: 18/02/2012 at 01:12 »
Have been discussing this with my work mate spiderman and we are both keen to hear opinions on how you think the don will fish this early season?
Unless we get a late artic blast it's looking like not much snow in them thar hills to melt and keep our river flowing strong and cold.
Anyone remember a winter like this before?

Personally I'm expecting an excellent April, with the trout into confident established feeding routines. But I'm an optimist :z4

Andy Finlay

« Reply #9 on: 24/02/2012 at 23:30 »
Has anyone had anything as yet other than Iain, been out a couple of times and have only seen 2 fish never mind get into anything.
I'm new to fishing at this time of year but the water seems to be as low as it was at the height of summer (if you can call it that) last year. I take it that's not the best for fresh Salmon comming through.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #10 on: 25/02/2012 at 00:37 »
Andy,
 there are reports of fresh fish having been taken from ADAA waters, how near the sea I don't know. Doubt if I'll get out tomorrow, wasn't out last Saturday  :mad flippin' kids parties!

here's hoping someone lands a springer soon.  :z15

Iain

Kev Graham

« Reply #11 on: 25/02/2012 at 08:29 »
Andy

Inverurie beat

I lost a decent fresh fish on Thursday........ easy teens, on for about 20mins then fell off when the hook straightened. Strong deep fish with blue sheen flashing up its flank as it was trying to shake the hook. I`ll dream about that fish for years to come. It all went sour when i was just getting the camera ready  :z6. Straight back in and picked up a decent lively kelt, felt a little better after that. Saw one other fresh fish that day and numerous kelts, been out 4 other times this season and its been dead bar the odd kelt being caught and even then nothing really showing. Reckon rise in temps stirred things up that day and even the trout were poking their noses out for a short time. Right place at the right time this time of year.................

Good Health & Luck for all on the forum and those fishing the Don 2012

TS

Iain Goolager

« Reply #12 on: 25/02/2012 at 10:35 »
Unlucky TS, losing a spring fish rates high when reviewing a seasons highs and lows, still it's early yet.  :z16

Iain

danbruce

« Reply #13 on: 27/02/2012 at 19:01 »
Well i finally got round to picking up my ADAA membership on sunday and i am planning a few early mornings of fishing this week before work.

Probably be heading to lower parkhill beat then heading down to seaton park/grandholme area late in the week.

Being my first days fishing this season and also my first days salmon fishing ever, i can't wait. :grin
Will hopefully get a report up here by end of the week and hopefully some nice pictures.

Not expecting much but you never know, there has been reports of some fish being taken so fingers crossed.
Have any of you guys got any words of advice for a novice?

Dan

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #14 on: 27/02/2012 at 20:51 »
Hi Dan

I was there on sunday as well, so was Rob, where were you sitting? i was down at the front by the guy giving the speel.
I'd have introduced myself if i'd known you were going.
After the meeting Rob and i were having a bit of a chinwag outside, just in case you happened to pass us by

Looking forward to getting out for a cast :z16

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com