Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dario

Hi to the forum
« on: 14/02/2012 at 21:13 »
Hi Guys,
Whilst I have been member of this forums for a few years now, I belong to the quite side, by no means I am implying that there is a noisy side    :oops.... but I am more inclined to read, learn and appreciate others peoples knowledge and opinions  :z5.

2011 was an even quieter year for me, as health and family issues nearly kept me away from my passion for fly fishing. Nevertheless, reading this forum kept me in the loop, and somehow still hooked. So I would like to thank you for inadvertently help me during a not very good season.

And now with a new season getting closer, and all the anticipation of making plans and checking the old gear, I come once more looking for your knowledge and help  :z14.

I have a Daiwa Whisker Fly 10’ # 6-8 WF99 10T 3 piece rod, which I really treasured (sentimental reasons you may say), which I managed to break in the middle section  :z19. I have contacted Daiwa, and they told that this is an old rod, which they no longer have spare parts for it. Would you knowledgeable gents be able to tell me where I can get a replacement for this section of my rod?
Thanks.
Dario

Mike Barrio

Re: Hi to the forum
« Reply #1 on: 14/02/2012 at 21:31 »
Hi Dario
Good to hear from you :z16

You are probably going to find it easier to locate a 2nd hand Daiwa rod than a new section I think :wink

Hope 2012 is better for you!

Best wishes
Mike

Dario

« Reply #2 on: 15/02/2012 at 11:50 »
Thanks Mike for your wishes and advice :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 15/02/2012 at 13:04 »
How bad is the break (crush or clean snap) as one or two of us on here "might" be able to repair it for you to keep you fishing until, like Mike says, a secondhand section can be found.

Dario

« Reply #4 on: 15/02/2012 at 14:29 »
Thanks for the offer Rob. but it was crashed, still kept the bits, but I dont think that they are reusable. As to continue fishing that's  not a problem. I have a spare rod, that does the trick. I just managed to married a line to the Daiwa rod, and they worked great together..... I'll keep looking for a used rod at a decent price (as they are approaching the antic bracket now)... Thanks for the offcer anyway.

Graham Ritchie

« Reply #5 on: 15/02/2012 at 21:00 »
It was a very popular rod during the 1990's, so I am sure they will pop up on E-Bay pretty regularly.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com