Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Noel Kelly

Re: my new Bamboo
« Reply #30 on: 12/02/2012 at 19:50 »
Thanks for that Mike but no joy. Dug out the laptop to watch it  :z16

Pretty good Iain. That thing fair bends eh :shock liked the music at beginning but as it felt like I was buzzer fishing fell asleep after a few mins.
Been reading up on the YouTube iPad compatibility stuffs. Fell asleep again. Time for bed now if I can make it up the stai

Liam Stephen

« Reply #31 on: 12/02/2012 at 20:29 »
Noel I think it's cause of the format of the video?  :z8 it's not playable on portable devices or it may just be apple products?

You have a PM on the big forum  :z16

Liam

Bryan

« Reply #32 on: 12/02/2012 at 21:27 »
I own a Millwards 5weight trout rover 8ft 3ins, been thinking about it all winter, looks like it will be out on the water soon, inspired watching the video.

Euan Innes

« Reply #33 on: 12/02/2012 at 22:19 »
Queens greatest hits for the Ipud

Flash! No way!
Never for the Apple crowd.

Flash! No way!
Apple says it's not allowed!

Can't watch your video
Can't play your gameo
Every Touch, every Pad, every Book, every Mac, not a chance there,

FLASH!

:z7 :z7 :z7 :z7 :z7 :z7

This announcement was brought to you by Windows 7 64bit (Flash compatible)

:z7 :z7 :z7

:z1

(I am now in my bunker and waiting for the first shells coming in!)

Ben Dixon

« Reply #34 on: 12/02/2012 at 22:50 »
Bit off topic but, WTF is an I Pad supposed to do?  I really do not see any point in their existence!

Ben

Liam Stephen

« Reply #35 on: 13/02/2012 at 00:01 »
iPad Ben iPad  :z7 :z7 they are great!!  :z14 I don't own one but when I have played about with my mates one I always found  it brilliant. Go try one out?

Liam

Ben Dixon

« Reply #36 on: 13/02/2012 at 00:40 »
iPad Ben iPad  :z7 :z7 they are great!!  :z14 I don't own one but when I have played about with my mates one I always found  it brilliant. Go try one out?

Liam

So good that they don't do You Tube!  Seriously Liam, what are they supposed to be for?  From what I can gather they are a badly functioning smart phone that neither makes or takes calls.  Excuse my ignorance but I just don't see what they are all about, must be some sort of young person shit that old people aren't supposed to get, sort of the inverse of the whole bamboo / wooden / cane rod thing! 

Ben

Euan Innes

« Reply #37 on: 13/02/2012 at 06:07 »
Let me help you out here Ben.
Imagine a laptop made by Fischer Price with BIG buttons that doesn't do what adult laptops do and you're half way there.
You can't connect it to anything else without an expensive adaptor that only Macs use, can't USB it and it has no card slot. It runs "apps" which are cut down childrens programs that started life on "smart" phones instead of real programs like Photoshop and Sony Vegas.
And when they break you can't do anything with them but take them back to the Apple Store and have some nerd tell you that you need to spend more money on another one. If you try to open it yourself the nerd will turn purple and splutter about warranties and insulting the late great Jobs.

:z7 :z7 :z7 :z4 :z4 :z4

The do do PDF wiring schematics really well though and the zoom in function is ace but £400 for a PDF reader is a bit much.
I do want one for a PDF reader and the last rumour at work was that we are all getting one, but it won't be coming home!

Noel Kelly

« Reply #38 on: 13/02/2012 at 07:14 »
Aye no argument from me on the limitations of the iPad. I didn't buy mine and wouldn't. Could get a damn good rod for that money! However it is a good toy and other than the compatibility with certain video formats and fact I can't load pics directly from my camera without buying another gizmo it does everything else I need from an Internet device.
Have had it since Xmas and including yesterday have only used the old dodgy laptop two or 3 times.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #39 on: 13/02/2012 at 10:23 »
Let me help you out here Ben.
Imagine a laptop made by Fischer Price with BIG buttons that doesn't do what adult laptops do and you're half way there.
You can't connect it to anything else without an expensive adaptor that only Macs use, can't USB it and it has no card slot. It runs "apps" which are cut down childrens programs that started life on "smart" phones instead of real programs like Photoshop and Sony Vegas.
And when they break you can't do anything with them but take them back to the Apple Store and have some nerd tell you that you need to spend more money on another one. If you try to open it yourself the nerd will turn purple and splutter about warranties and insulting the late great Jobs.

:z7 :z7 :z7 :z4 :z4 :z4

The do do PDF wiring schematics really well though and the zoom in function is ace but £400 for a PDF reader is a bit much.
I do want one for a PDF reader and the last rumour at work was that we are all getting one, but it won't be coming home!

As suspected, thanks for the confirmation Euan :z4

Noel,

Last time I saw you had you not just got a new dinky laptop?

Cheers

Ben

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #40 on: 13/02/2012 at 11:32 »
Ahhh, to all you non believers, I give you the facts rather than hearsay from Windows based wannabes :)

http://www.google.com/mobile/youtube/  I used to watch YouTube on my way to work on my iphone..was the only thing that made life bareable!

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/skyfire-web-browser/id384941497?mt=8   Yep, for a whole £1.99 you can have flash on your iphone/ipad.

We develop all our training courses to run on PC/Mac/ipad/iphone/tablets etc using Flash to create them. We have more hassle with the million and one different configurations for PC's than we do for the much simpler configs for Apple products.

ps. I do not own an iPhone/iPad, I am only biased because I have to develop for them :)

Matt Henderson

« Reply #41 on: 13/02/2012 at 12:26 »
comes up "this video is private"???  At work though so might try it from home.

Cheers

matt

Just watched it at home, works fine.  Nice rod and line that.  One thing what colour is that fleece?  And also is the music from a gay wine bar you frequent?  :z7

Loxiafan

« Reply #42 on: 13/02/2012 at 21:37 »
Windows wanabee here too I am afraid.  :z14

Absolutely loathe Apple products with a passion- over priced and over rated IMO. Merely 'fashion accessories' whether the iPhone or iPod or iPad.  I was mugged in to buying an iPod Classic when my trusty Creative Zen finally died. Sound quality on the iPod is absolute dung even on highest setting, virtually unusable. Had to cross platform audio recordings all the time between PC and Mac whilst at Uni and drove me mad. Yeah, Macs are simpler to use but then I am not a child (most of the time !). The price differential for me makes it a no brainer. Than again, I am so old I remember having to work in MS DOS commands on Acorns so when Window came along it was a bit mind blowing. That may explain my bias !

I remember when that lexicon of Tech geekery that is The Gadget show did a head to head with the highest spec Mac and highest spec PC of the time (2/3 years ago ?) and the PC absolutely totally ate the Mac hands down in gaming and image processing speed. Yet all we ever hear is how Macs are better for audio and graphics - it is just that they upgrade the software (Cubase, Logic, Photshop etc) quicker for the Mac platform.

Rant over !  :z2

Lindsay

Iain Goolager

« Reply #43 on: 13/02/2012 at 21:59 »
Just watched it at home, works fine.  Nice rod and line that.  One thing what colour is that fleece?  And also is the music from a gay wine bar you frequent?

Oh hello Wendy,
a) the fleece is green  :z8 it's an old Snowbee ressurected for the cold spell. What, not named enough for ya?
b) the music was from a CD given to me years ago by your current boyfriend before he left me for my Dad  :X2

Anything else?  :z7

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com