Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Liam Stephen

Fulling Mill Tactical Series
« on: 25/01/2012 at 19:58 »
Hi folks  :z16,

Has anyone seen or used any of tactical series flies by Fulling Mill? I fancy buying both the boxed selections for next season but there isn't really much info available on them. They certainly do look the business though, any thoughts guys?
Thanks
Liam

Mike Barrio

Re: Fulling Mill Tactical Series
« Reply #1 on: 25/01/2012 at 21:48 »
Hi Liam :z16

Yes, they look nice in the catalogue. I stock Fulling Mill at Haddo, but I didn't have any enquiries for the Tactical Series last year so I didn't stock them. I did order a few of the flies as individual patterns and they were OK.

Best wishes
Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #2 on: 25/01/2012 at 22:22 »
Not bad most of them Liam.

Tie up what you want yourself, if you're struggling with anything drop over to the shop first thing on a Saturday if you can and I'll get the vice out and run through some stuff with you. Failing that, Kevin & Peter run a tying club in town on a Wednesday evening.  Much more fun getting them on your own flies.

Cheers

Ben

Liam Stephen

« Reply #3 on: 25/01/2012 at 22:40 »
Does the shop stock the tactical range? I may take you up on your offer for Saturday Ben  :z16 I considered the  club last year... Dunno why I never went might still give it a go?

Thanks

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 25/01/2012 at 23:05 »
Drop in on Sat Liam and bring kit for what you are looking to tie, if there is anything you are wanting to tie that you do not have gear for let me know on Friday by PM and I'll bring it with me. 

We don't keep any of the tacticals, from memory I think they are all barbless.  I have had a few barbless patterns but found them very difficult to sell through even to those who do de-barb.  Same with patterns tied on circle hook, can't give them away.

Cheers

Ben

Liam Stephen

« Reply #5 on: 25/01/2012 at 23:20 »
Cool Ben I'll get to ya.

Thanks

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com