Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sieger Devries

Gathering Vliegvissers.nl
« on: 19/01/2012 at 22:43 »
We are gathering with some 60 people from the Dutch Vliegvisser.nl forum next saturday... 60 people coming together tying flies (we have some pretty well known tiers like Johan Put), talking about flyfishing and trying our gear....

I will bring 2 off Mike's lines to get people acquainted with the lines.... Will take the GT140 and 90 in a 5 weight...
I'm sure they will like them... ;)

(and best of all... it's all voluntary and with no money involved....    :z16 )

Mike Barrio

Re: Gathering Vliegvissers.nl
« Reply #1 on: 19/01/2012 at 23:15 »
Excellent stuff, sounds like a great day out, I hope you take some photos for us to see :z16

Thanks for taking the lines to the gathering Sieger!

Best wishes
Mike

Sieger Devries

« Reply #2 on: 19/01/2012 at 23:17 »
Excellent stuff, sounds like a great day out, I hope you take some photos for us to see :z16

Thanks for taking the lines to the gathering Sieger!

Best wishes
Mike

It will sure be Mike and I probably will write a blog and takes photos of it... So my report will be there shortly after the weekend...
Hope I can show people a good line doesn't have to cost a rib...  :wink

Sieger Devries

« Reply #3 on: 23/01/2012 at 20:23 »
We had a great gathering last saturday... Some 65 men assembled in Apeldoorn to tie some flies...  :z4 Can you imagine... This unique happening was held for the 2nd time this year and it was a great success again... Workshops held by great tiers, a trade desk (for second hand tackle), much palaver about flyfishing and places etc.... It was a great day...

Originally we were supposed to try out a bunch of lines (incl. Mike lines...), but due to a real storm it was impossible to get a line out... We tried but had to take cover every time... So a new date is the be set, to try it again... Will write a blog about it than Mike... ;)

Looking for dubbing....

Wrote a report on my blog  http://tight-loops.nl/?p=1218 hope you will enjoy it... (it's in Dutch but there a translate button... what will it come up with now...  :z4 )

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 23/01/2012 at 22:32 »
Looks like a great old get together  :z16

my 'translate' button isn't converting, anyone else having the same issue?

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 24/01/2012 at 01:00 »
Hi Sieger :z16

Looks like a great day out :cool: I can see the rain on the windows in your blog.

The translate button didn't work for me either, but I use Google, or Chrome translate and they both worked :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Sieger Devries

« Reply #6 on: 24/01/2012 at 05:05 »
Thanks guys... will look into the button thing...  ???

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 24/01/2012 at 10:35 »
....... but I use Google, or Chrome translate and they both worked :wink

Same as me, couldn't see a translate page on the site otherwise.

H :z3

Sieger Devries

« Reply #8 on: 24/01/2012 at 11:34 »
Just to know... When I open the page , there should be a 'translate' button (or just the word) right below the blog title and date....

Don't you see this at all or does it just not work.....?

Thanks....

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 24/01/2012 at 11:40 »
Hi Sieger :z16

Yes, I tried that button, but it did not work. When you click on the translate link a box comes up with languages to choose, when I choose English a loading in progress icon displays, but when this finishes the page is still in Dutch.

Best wishes
Mike

Sieger Devries

« Reply #10 on: 24/01/2012 at 13:37 »
 :z16 thanks Mike... Think I will have to find an other plugin.... Thanks for the comment guys.... Going to solve it... I hope... :grin

Sieger Devries

« Reply #11 on: 24/01/2012 at 21:07 »
Found a new Plugin and it seems to work (still coming up with some crazy weird stuff, but it's there...) Pitty I can only place it in the sidebar, but it has to do the job for now...

Thanks again an have fun...  :wink

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 24/01/2012 at 23:14 »
That works :z16 and the English translation is great fun :X1

Best wishes
Mike

Sieger Devries

« Reply #13 on: 25/01/2012 at 08:31 »
 :z4 :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com