Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

River Don Fishing Map
« on: 20/03/2007 at 15:42 »
Hi folks

Darren at the Kildrummy Inn is looking for a fishing map of the River Don. I know they exist, I used to have one myself, with beats and salmon pools on it etc.

If I remember correctly, I think Alec "alnet" had one too and they used to sell them at Sloans?

Does anybody know where you can buy one nowadays?

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

River Don Fishing Map
« Reply #1 on: 20/03/2007 at 15:51 »
Didn't Robin Ade do an illustrated map of the major rivers, including the Don. I seem to recall Richard Walker selling them in his shop, framed.

This maybe useful if its just a reference map he is after

http://www.trout-salmon-fishing.com/scotland-river-don.htm

The Orvis shop in Banchory...if I remember..had framed maps on the wall....

Jay Scott

River Don Fishing Map
« Reply #2 on: 20/03/2007 at 16:05 »
We do have some maps of the river Don in sloans, we have the standard map that we give everyone with their permit, just a printout from the computer or there is a "proper" map showing all of the different salmon pools.

Jay

Mike Barrio

River Don Fishing Map
« Reply #3 on: 20/03/2007 at 17:03 »
Hi Jay

Thanks for that. The "proper" map is of the whole river, isn't it? A nice one that would be good for framing?

Thanks
Mike

Jay Scott

River Don Fishing Map
« Reply #4 on: 20/03/2007 at 22:00 »
Well the proper map is more like the regional map sort of thing if that makes sense, it is folded up into a little book like the ones you use when you go hiking. The other maps would be better for that sort of thing, we have one in the shop thats been framed but unfortunatly it's broken.

Jay

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com