Mike

Sieger Devries

Re: Barrio SLX Fly Line
« Reply #61 on: 02/04/2012 at 19:06 »
 Geus I'll have to wait than...  :wink

Mike Barrio

« Reply #62 on: 18/05/2012 at 00:50 »
An SLX stock order should arrive tomorrow afternoon and I'll update the website as soon as they get here :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Euan Innes

« Reply #63 on: 18/05/2012 at 07:28 »
That's good news Mike.
There's money in my Paypal account and it's just waiting for a #4 SLX  :z16

:z1

Andy Wren

« Reply #64 on: 18/05/2012 at 10:37 »
More than a drop or two from what I hear
Had a lesson with him on his ponds in Cumbria ,and yes that evening was one of the biggest whisky drinking sessions i have ever done ,Me plastered ,the Falk seemed untroubled !
Yes as too the white sinkers ,on his Spey casting course he had a dt on a seatrout rod which i cast out and was gobsmacked when it sank ,looked for all the world like an Aircel white floater ,the idea never seemed to catch on .

Iain Cameron

« Reply #65 on: 21/05/2012 at 17:44 »
hi Mike

thanks for the excellent service, new SLX line arrived in saturday's post.

Had time to play with it today - great fun so far - was out in an open space of water for a change, lots of opportunities to mess about with circles and rolls and the like.

I know you rate this rod as 'slightly over AFTMA standards' - one nice benefit of that is that it helps me to cast off of the tip of the rod with less movement/effort so I could focus on other mechanics.  I used that today to experiment with tightening up loops on the forward cast. sometimes i got it just right, and the resulting loops looked pretty good (for my standards) - not quite sexyloops standards, but tightening up.   I think the bright orange helps too, i can see what i'm doing! just need to work on the three Rs  - Repetition, Repetition, Repetition...

A good fishing tool, and a good self-teach tool too, awesome!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #66 on: 23/05/2012 at 00:46 »
Hi Iain

Thanks for the great feedback ..... I'm really pleased that you like the line :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Iain Cameron

« Reply #67 on: 23/05/2012 at 10:24 »
Hi Iain
Thanks for the great feedback ..... I'm really pleased that you like the line :z16

I'm liking it so much that I hooked myself in the back twice on monday night. lazy casting in a right to left wind... hence the need to practice more :-)

Mike Barrio

« Reply #68 on: 28/05/2012 at 23:58 »
Hi folks :cool:

Here are some photos of Ben playing with the SLX at Haddo. These were sent to me by Sean Morrissey, you can see more of Sean's photography at Sean Afnan Photographer ..... http://www.afnanstudios.com/

Thanks Sean :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #69 on: 29/05/2012 at 00:32 »
Sean was the chap who came up a few weeks back. hopefully he will be back towards the end of the season for more photo fun and some salmon fishing.

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #70 on: 29/05/2012 at 10:22 »
lovely pics ! this Ben guy isn't too bad either....   :X2  :z13

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #71 on: 29/05/2012 at 10:23 »
lovely pics ! this Ben guy isn't too bad either....   :X2  :z13

I did notice in the third photo that Ben has a problem casting a straight line ;)

Euan Innes

« Reply #72 on: 29/05/2012 at 12:32 »
That's probably Photoshop..... :z7

:z1

Matt Henderson

« Reply #73 on: 29/05/2012 at 21:10 »
I finally had a chuck with my SLX on Friday.  It is proper good!  My 10ft CTS 5wt loves it.  Only problem is user error!

Thanks

matt

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #74 on: 01/06/2012 at 15:50 »
Just received my new Olive SLX. All I can say is the colour is spot on!! Light enough to see, dark enough not to spook the fish.

I have a couple of spots I want to try it on and I really can't wait.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com