Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Barrio SLX Fly Line
« Reply #15 on: 03/01/2012 at 22:57 »
I've seen the full size version of that clip in HD at Ben's ....... awesome casting Kevin :z16

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #16 on: 03/01/2012 at 23:05 »
Although the main stock won't arrive for a few weeks yet, I have got a number of SLX WF6F fly lines in stock ( none of the other weights I'm afraid ) and anybody interested in one can order a WF6F now at http://www.flylineshop.com/barrio-fly-lines.html

Best wishes
Mike

Kevin Muir

« Reply #17 on: 04/01/2012 at 12:51 »
To put things in perspective about the video, I asked Ben for a casting lesson to improve my double haul as it was to be honest very underpowered and not very effective.  Crap timing and a long way from being smooth and in any form of control would have summed up my double haul before the lesson started.

We met up and he gave me his teaching rod and line to work with, boy was this a steep learning curve, I knew the basics of the haul, the how and why but making the cast properly seemed a long long way off when I started to cast his rod.  After a couple of hours of fairly intensive work (sore arm), it was time to pick up my own rod.  everything started to click into place after lots of "less power comments" everything started to get a bit better.  Still not spot on yet, but heading in the right direction.  Thanks for the casting lesson Ben the difference in my haul before and after the lesson was dramatic.

The combination of the rod and the new SLX line is just spot on, the turnover for roll casts and "NORMAL range" fishing casts, ie shortish casts of 20 to 50 feet required almost no effort and the presentation is great.  This outfit was a Christmas present from me to me, a #6 tip flex Helios, not cheap but what a rod.  I tried the Access and also the tip flex Helios for a #5 line.  After a brief play with the #6 Helios in the park at Banchory I hated the rod, really did not gell with it at all.  I like the #5 much better but that was probably because it was a bit softer, I have a softer #5 rod so after a bit of discussion and another play with the #6 I decided to heed the advice and bought the #6 Helios.  Am I glad I did, oh yes.

After casting the line for a week or so, I can only confirm what has been said above, a fantastic line Mike, I will be getting other sizes when they are released.

All the best for the 2012 season.

Kev.

Euan Innes

« Reply #18 on: 04/01/2012 at 14:55 »
After a brief play with the #6 Helios in the park at Banchory

Funny how those little "sessions" always end up costing us money, isn't it?  :z7

:z1

Ben Dixon

« Reply #19 on: 04/01/2012 at 20:59 »
Funny how those little "sessions" always end up costing us money, isn't it?  :z7

I've never forced you to spend anything Euan, you talked yourself into that Access.

By the way, your new reel came in.  If you spend another £10 you'll get a cuppa and a biscuit when you come in to pick it up  :z4

Euan Innes

« Reply #20 on: 04/01/2012 at 22:46 »
I was wondering if it was in by now.
I'll be in when I can mate (and time it so my wife is nowhere near Banchory)

danbruce

« Reply #21 on: 21/01/2012 at 21:35 »
Hi Mike,

Just to let you know my order arrived this morning. Visually, I have to say it looks great and I can't wait to try it out. :grin

Great service will certainly be picking up a few more bits and bobs soon.

Dan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #22 on: 24/01/2012 at 14:51 »
Thanks Dan :z16

The main stock of the new SLX fly line should arrive at the end of this week.

Best wishes
Mike

Sieger Devries

« Reply #23 on: 24/01/2012 at 17:05 »
Write me down for a 5 line of you would Mike.....

Mike Barrio

« Reply #24 on: 24/01/2012 at 17:24 »
Write me down for a 5 line of you would Mike.....

Will do ...... thanks Sieger :z16

David Davies

« Reply #25 on: 25/01/2012 at 15:06 »
mike
can I put my name down for a 4 line

:z16
dave

Mike Barrio

« Reply #26 on: 25/01/2012 at 15:09 »
Hi Dave :z16

Thanks for that, no need to reserve one.

Just keep your eye on the website folks http://www.flylineshop.com/ they will hopefully be on there this weekend :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #27 on: 27/01/2012 at 17:48 »
Hi Sieger and Dave :cool:

The SLX fly lines are now live on the website to place orders at http://www.flylineshop.com/barrio-fly-lines.html :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Sieger Devries

« Reply #28 on: 27/01/2012 at 18:00 »
And done Mike....  :wink

Mike Barrio

« Reply #29 on: 27/01/2012 at 18:12 »
And done Mike....  :wink

Thanks Sieger :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com